"Projecting to this PC" - How to use this..?

vidhyasome

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
From build 10332 for PCs, I think, there is this "projecting to this PC" option under settings but I cant figure out how to use it.

I enabled the setting and tried to connect via wireless continuum from 950XL and the phone never finds the PC.

Anyone tried this? Is it the functionality where the win 10 PC could be used as a screen for win phone 10 along with the PCs keyboard/mouse...?

This feature was demonstrated by MSFT when they announced the anniversary update I believe...

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I was just looking for this and going to ask the same question. Anyone out there know the solution. Thank you in advance!!!

AbstractKiller

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I managed to project my L735 screen first time, with no issues. However, since then have been unable to connect at all. Currently using a #LumiaTrial 950XL - so wanted to try exactly this (wireless continuum), but no success even seeing my PC - let alone connecting to it.

Anyone had any success?

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Abstract: Were you using the project my phone app? I think Vid and I are looking for a similar solution for continuum. It would be great to project my continuum to my Windows 10 tablet (Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 10") as a second screen while I'm on the road 😊

AbstractKiller

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to take another look tonight - might be that my phone (735) is on latest build, whilst the 950XL (#LumiaTrial loan) is on release build.

vidhyasome

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
We have to open the connect app on PC first (not connect from action center) and then look for wireless adapters on the phone. It worked for me..
Such a simple thing to have overlooked.....

AbstractKiller

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
vidhyasome, yes definitely works via "Connect" app, but given the settings in [Build 14342] System > Projecting to this PC > Anytime / Anywhere, then the app is (or will) not (be) needed for this. I'm referring above to my Lumia 735 (latest insider build) being able to connect without any additional app being loaded.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to replicate the above behaviour since and can only get it to "Project my Screen" when the Connect app is loaded.

However, re: Continuum, yes - I can confirm [Build 14342] is allowing full wireless continuum (albeit using Connect app). This is with stock 950XL [Build 10586.318].

Continuum_Win10-Dummy-Terminal.jpg

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Does it give you a warning on the PC settings page your equipment wasn't designed for Miracast?

It's just mine does and when I try to connect with an 950XL it starts but then displays a warning that it can't display protected content. I've disabled encryption but it didn't make any difference :unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963