Protecting a Lumia 640

VRocker88

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I've just purchased a Lumia 640 as a christmas present for my dad and wondering what the best options are for protecting it from damage.
He has owned 4 Lumia 535s and 1 Lumia 430 and broke the screen of all 4 535s each after 3 months. Most of the time it's because they get dropped or he sits on them, which results in cracking the screen. The 430 has surprisingly survived though...

As the 640 is roughly the same size as a 535 (although I'm assuming it's constructed stronger, being a more expensive phone), what are the options to protect it from such breakages?
His other phones have all had cases on (3 had slip cases, another had a 'rugged' one) but they didn't provide much protection. What cases would people recommend? I'm also assuming a simple screen protector would be useless as they protect against scratches rather than smashes.

I did look at the Evocel case but I can't seem to find a reputable seller for it as I'm in the UK.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
A tempered screen protector, or something scratch resistant should be good. I have dropped my phone on the road before, and my scratch resistant screen protector has saved me and will continue to. I would also suggest that the case itself shouldn't be one of the ones that just expose the top and bottom but protect the back. You would want one that raises the phone a little bit when it lays face down, that should also help too.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
A tempered screen protector, or something scratch resistant should be good. I have dropped my phone on the road before, and my scratch resistant screen protector has saved me and will continue to. I would also suggest that the case itself shouldn't be one of the ones that just expose the top and bottom but protect the back. You would want one that raises the phone a little bit when it lays face down, that should also help too.

Agree it does not need a case use a tempered protector.

bradtech

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I would get a screen protector ASAP. 2nd day of having my Lumia 640 it slipped out of my hand and landed on the drive way when I was getting out of the car (2-3 foot drop). . I now have a slight crack/deep scratch on the bottom part across the screen about 2 inches. Still usable but hate it being there. Wasn't a bad drop but hit just right I suppose. I dropped my Lumia 900 way way worse and it still is going strong with no cracks. My own fault for not getting a case day one.

VRocker88

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into getting a tempered glass screen protector for it. Can anybody recommend a good one or shall i just jump on Amazon?

I was also thinking of looking into the Flip shell for it too, are these any good?

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into getting a tempered glass screen protector for it. Can anybody recommend a good one or shall i just jump on Amazon?

I was also thinking of looking into the Flip shell for it too, are these any good?

SPARIN? Ultra Clear High Definition Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Microsoft Lumia 640

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3327787

No flip uless they are a total clutz. the above is the thinnest at 0.30mm

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss