[Q] How come I can use my lumia phone touch screen with distance of 0.5 cm??

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
How come I can use my lumia phone touch screen with distance of 0.5 cm??

Its that high sensitive??

Its amazing and I dint knew until my friend who owns Lumia 520 , notified me...

Sent from Tapatalk Lumia 625 GDR3

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
If you have the Super Sensitive Display option turned on in the settings, then yes, this can happen sometimes. However, I've personally noticed that the device seems to "learn" with time how to better distinguish hovering over the screen and actually making contact with it. I.E: On my Lumia 1020, for about the first week after initially activating Super Sensitive display, I could "touch" the screen by hovering just above it. Well, after about a week, I found I could do it no longer. I've have Super Sensitive Display on for a few months (because it's useful and has no noticeable impact on battery), and I just tried it. No cigar.

But that's not a bad thing, really. If it's true that the phone "learns" with time, it helps prevent accidental input and only adds to how useful the feature is.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
If you have the Super Sensitive Display option turned on in the settings, then yes, this can happen sometimes. However, I've personally noticed that the device seems to "learn" with time how to better distinguish hovering over the screen and actually making contact with it. I.E: On my Lumia 1020, for about the first week after initially activating Super Sensitive display, I could "touch" the screen by hovering just above it. Well, after about a week, I found I could do it no longer. I've have Super Sensitive Display on for a few months (because it's useful and has no noticeable impact on battery), and I just tried it. No cigar.

But that's not a bad thing, really. If it's true that the phone "learns" with time, it helps prevent accidental input and only adds to how useful the feature is.

Remove your scratch guard and you will be able to do it again.

Nice feature

sent from my Nokia Lumia 820

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I am also able to do it. Some time i by mistake click on 6sec insted of 6tag. But still 6 tag opens. Like reading my mind. Oooo cortana is inside

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tested this, but my suspicion is that static electricity buildup may also contribute to being able to do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte