Question about Photos live tile from a WP8 noob

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to make the photos live tile update to no longer show pictures you have deleted from your phone? I have gone in and deleted the stock images and blurry pics, but they still cycle through the live tile. Any help would be appreciated.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Try deleting them from your favorites section. That is where the tile pulls pictures from and cycles them.

That would be a great idea if I had ANY photos in favorites - which I do not. I checked and double checked this. I also tried to go through the steps in the help to tell the phone where to pull the photos from, and it just keeps pulling every photo that has ever been on the phone itself, deleted or not. I suspect it creates a thumbnail list somewhere that isn't updating. Any suggestions where I may find this?

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Set a favorite? Then it will only cycle those photos. Otherwise I'm not too sure. I've always used the favorites as I don't want every photo showing, I'd rather have my dog and fiance show.

Harvard Wang

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Try checking your SkyDrive sync options. When you take a picture and have SkyDrive sync set up (which is set to 'yes' by default), it'll automatically load it into your SkyDrive Pictures folder. When the live tile cycles through pictures, it'll go through all the albums on the phone, including the albums in SkyDrive.

Delete the auto-sync'd picture from SkyDrive and it should take it out of the live tile cycling.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Nothing synched to skydrive.

I tried to put some photos in favorites to just use that as a live tile - but the pinned favorites just stays on one pic. I went in and set it to shuffle pics, tried removing and resetting it, and still, one pic.

I tried the reboot after deleting, it is still rolling through pics that are no longer there.

What DID work, however, was I unpinned photos, rebooted, and then repinned photos. It is now no longer showing pics I deleted.

I suspect this is just a bug with WP8. I have reported it to MS, so I'll let you know if they respond.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just a stupid question, after deleting the stock photo's did you take any other pictures so that they would show up in your camera roll? It seems that the photo ap only pulls pictures from your camera roll, not your skydrive or other folder

Francis Dumas

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Try opening and closing the People app. On my windows 8 I had a similar problem and it solve my problem. Some how the app was showing picture from facebook that I already deleted in facebook it only change the set of picture when I open the People app and closed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb