Question for those with official Denim, any carrier

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
So, for those on any carrier with official Denim and 8.1 (or Cyan for that matter) who do NOT have facebook integrated into their phone: Does your people live tile still show that damn FB icon flipping around amongst your contacts? Really hoping that thing is finally gone if one does not use FB or have it on their phone.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Such a small quibble, but seriously....some people detest facebook and resent having their branding on your phone like that. Guess I'm keeping my tile tiny.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Such a small quibble, but seriously....some people detest facebook and resent having their branding on your phone like that. Guess I'm keeping my tile tiny.

You are reading my mind, Brother...

I've never leveraged the full advantage of the people tile for that one simple reason; I refuse to have a Facebook icon winking at me and I therefore am forced to run a small people tile. Maybe that makes me a small person. Still tastes like moral victory though.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Right there with ya man. It is indeed a paltry gripe, but I can't help it. I absolutely ABHOR facebook and to see it's ubiquitous "F" on my phone which is supposed to be aaallllll about personalization....like hell. ESPECIALLY when the phone has NEVER been linked to it, had one of it's apps, anything. Like it keeps saying "Come to Facebook, one of us!" No. No way in hell, ever.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
lol I didn't imagine people could get so angry about this, but its a reality Microsoft should be aware of, and hopefully they fix it, and I can understand it, imagining if I had to see a google icon anywhere on my phone, I would be tempted to throw it at the wall

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
lol I didn't imagine people could get so angry about this, but its a reality Microsoft should be aware of, and hopefully they fix it, and I can understand it, imagining if I had to see a google icon anywhere on my phone, I would be tempted to throw it at the wall

Exactly correct. MS branding is fine since we CHOSE that phone. I did not get this phone or go with WP because of anything even remotely to do with a company and service I despise. Same as you feel with Google. It is not MS's place to "feature" their logo when one wants absolutely nothing to do with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amon manengureni