Questions for Windows 10 mobile users

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey there guys. I have some questions coming from windows phone 8.1.

Can you still set a custom ringtone and text tone per contact?
Can you still assign up to 3 nicknames for a contact in Cortana?
Can you set a background where the tiles are transparent and the background moves in parallax when you scroll up and down? I remember early in W10 release you could not do this unless you had upgraded to windows 10 in place through insider preview.

OneDrive:
On wp8.1 if you were browsing photos you have your normal tiles for camera roll, favorites, saved pictures, etc. Then there is the onedrive tile where you can browse one drive. Is that pretty much the same?

On desktop windows 10, if I make a playlist in groove with "local files" or basically files that are in my one drive ie C:\Users\myuser\OneDrive\Music

Would that same playlist work on my phone or would it skip those files because the path is not available... or would it automatically switch to the "cloud" location of onedrive

Cortana:
Is there still a setting to have your text messages read to you (ie if your headphones are plugged in)
Similarly, is there still a car mode?

Groove:
On Wp8.1 when you launch xbox music there is the recent page where you can see either playlists songs or albums that you've played. I kind of assume (unfortnately) that since I don't see this functionality on desktop version of groove or even the android version that this isn't available in win10 mobile either.

That's all I can think of for now.

[edit]

SMS:
When you have a contact with multiple mobile numbers, is there still an option in the conversation to switch which number you are texting?

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Can you set a background where the tiles are transparent and the background moves in parallax when you scroll up and down? I remember early in W10 release you could not do this unless you had upgraded to windows 10 in place through insider preview.

Yes.

OneDrive:
On wp8.1 if you were browsing photos you have your normal tiles for camera roll, favorites, saved pictures, etc. Then there is the onedrive tile where you can browse one drive. Is that pretty much the same?
It's not the same in the photos app exactly. When you open the app, it shows you all of your photos, both on OneDrive and on your phone. I haven't tried launching OneDrive from the OneDrive app to let you know how that is.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes.
I can spot option for one nickname.
Can you set a background where the tiles are transparent and the background moves in parallax when you scroll up and down?
If you mean background set to tile image, then yes.
Is there still a setting to have your text messages read to you (ie if your headphones are plugged in)
Yes

I believe there is "driving mode" in settings.

terra

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I just commented on that thread.

The companion app is also not working

No ringtone folder, that I can see on my phone, I can't see it

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I hope you get your ringtones man, but using the ringtone maker app I haven't had any problem though that is one by one.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey there guys. I have some questions coming from windows phone 8.1.

OneDrive:

On desktop windows 10, if I make a playlist in groove with "local files" or basically files that are in my one drive ie C:\Users\myuser\OneDrive\Music

Would that same playlist work on my phone or would it skip those files because the path is not available... or would it automatically switch to the "cloud" location of onedrive

Cortana:

Groove:
On Wp8.1 when you launch xbox music there is the recent page where you can see either playlists songs or albums that you've played. I kind of assume (unfortnately) that since I don't see this functionality on desktop version of groove or even the android version that this isn't available in win10 mobile either.

That's all I can think of for now.

[edit]

SMS:
When you have a contact with multiple mobile numbers, is there still an option in the conversation to switch which number you are texting?

the photos app will pull any pictures on cameraroll, saved and screenshots that you have on your onedrive

groove will pick up whatever music you have on your music folder inside onedrive, from whatever device you try it, that C:\... direction you mentioned is just a shortcut to your onedrive, your phone will read it as the actual onedrive.com url

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124