Quote: Windows Phone is Superior; Why Hasn?t it Taken Off?

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Because it isn't superior. The UI is very off putting for many people and the hardware is middle of the road, nowhere near the top iPhone or Android devices. Then there's the lack of quality apps and the fact that "Windows" name is poison to a lot of the market.

M

mkr10001

Because it isn't superior. The UI is very off putting for many people and the hardware is middle of the road, nowhere near the top iPhone or Android devices. Then there's the lack of quality apps and the fact that "Windows" name is poison to a lot of the market.

That doesn't stop it being superior though.

And it's only off putting to retards who can't work a windows computer so resort to saying it's crap and Macs are better....

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

That could be true but after looking at a grid of icons for nearly 4 years, I am ready to try something different.

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

sure is superior to anything else I've used. Alot more stable too,don't know where you got that from. Another question, have you actually used a windows phone?

M

mkr10001

I have found that the vast majority of people who say they don't like it have never used it

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

This is exactly why it hasn't taken off. Apple and android are in a war and android thinks that throwing better internals at devices will win the war. WP7 has outstanding hardware and software. Its just takes awhile to get the sheep to switch.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly why it hasn't taken off. Apple and android are in a war and android thinks that throwing better internals at devices will win the war. WP7 has outstanding hardware and software. Its just takes awhile to get the sheep to switch.

Android is an OS, not a company.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone wont take off anywhere with the middle of the road operations.
Just today I discovered when I try to bluetooth with my Sister inlaw's phone I could not do any connection to file share. And another thing I was not able to play back a MP4 file (which ended up on skydrive) I recorded days ago from my very own Titan.

M

mkr10001

Just today I discovered when I try to bluetooth with my Sister inlaw's phone I could not do any connection to file share. And another thing I was not able to play back a MP4 file (which ended up on skydrive) I recorded days ago from my very own Titan.

yeah there's no excuse for no Bluetooth file transfer

M

mkr10001

Is was a comment on how he used it. Your analogy doesn't make sense either. It would make more sense if you said people called an HP made laptop a Windows laptop. He didn't use it that way.

His analogy is exactly the same...

MS is to Windows as Google is to Android.......

Calling an HP made laptop a windows laptop (which by the way is perfectly ok to do) would be the same as calling an HTC phone an android phone (which people do too, again, nothing wrong with that)

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
No one really uses Bluetooth file share anymore, even the iPhone lacks this feature. Go request it on the uservoice site. I also have no problems playing back my SkyDrive videos,unless they're in HD which SkyDrive doesn't yet support for some reason
Is was a comment on how he used it. Your analogy doesn't make sense either. It would make more sense if you said people called an HP made laptop a Windows laptop. He didn't use it that way.

I meant that people refer to windows as a company.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
His analogy is exactly the same...

MS is to Windows as Google is to Android.......

Calling an HP made laptop a windows laptop (which by the way is perfectly ok to do) would be the same as calling an HTC phone an android phone (which people do too, again, nothing wrong with that)

He used the Android as if it were a company. It would have been correct for him to say Google or one of the many Android OEMs. It sounds weird because he said Apple and not iOS. He used a Company and a rival OS not rival Company.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
No one really uses Bluetooth file share anymore, even the iPhone lacks this feature. Go request it on the uservoice site. I also have no problems playing back my SkyDrive videos,unless they're in HD which SkyDrive doesn't yet support for some reason

I meant that people refer to windows as a company.

I never hear that. People usually say Microsoft.

Anyway my point was he used the noun Android or Apple (whichever one) wrong in his statement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb