RBS app on WP to die in 60 days

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I suppose it had to happen.

I am not a massive user of apps, I have all the ones I want, but just got a text from the Royal Bank of Scotland that their app will cease to function in 60 days.

Because it wasn't a UWP app, I probably used it less than I would have if I had the same app on my Surface, and I of course can still use the web page which is far clunkier than the app if all you want to do is a quick balance check etc.

I will keep on using my 950XL until it dies or I can replace it with a small (Smaller than a Surface) pocketable PC that handles phone calls and texts, but even then it wont have an RBS app unless MS can persuade people to make a Windows app rather than using web pages.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If it's any comfort, your bank app lasted a helluva lot longer than most. My Wells Fargo app died some time ago.

Now for the swift kick in the balls - BlackBerry OS10 still has an app for Wells Fargo even if it is a web wrapper. It's more functional than the WP dedicated app ever was. Livin' la vida loca de Windows.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If it's any comfort, your bank app lasted a helluva lot longer than most. My Wells Fargo app died some time ago.

Now for the swift kick in the balls - BlackBerry OS10 still has an app for Wells Fargo even if it is a web wrapper. It's more functional than the WP dedicated app ever was. Livin' la vida loca de Windows.
My bank (US Bank) never had a Windows Phone app.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My bank (US Bank) never had a Windows Phone app.

My bank (a local institution) just got good iOS and Android apps a couple years ago. The apps had been around for awhile before that, but they weren't all that functional. A couple years ago we got serious upgrades.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My bank (a local institution) just got good Android and iOS apps a couple years ago. The apps had been around for awhile before that, but they weren't all that functional. A couple years ago we got serious upgrades.
When I switched to Android in March 2015, my bank had a functional Android app. It had an iOS app as well, but I've never used an iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos