Read to the Younglings - App to create your own audio picture books for kids

TallAssRob

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Read to the Younglings | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

The app allows you to take pictures of your kids stories and record audio for each page of the book. It is Kids-Corner aware, while running in Kids-Corner mode you won't be able to edit, delete or add a new story.

I made the app for my 21 month old daughter and she really enjoys it. I am going to record a video of her using it to post here later.

The app is free trial enabled, you can create your first story for free, but need to buy the full version to create multiple stories.

If anyone tries the app and has feedback please post here or send an email to ReadToTheYounglings@live.com

Thanks!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Def. keep working on your app! I could see a lot of parents using this. Reminds me of those Hallmark story books that allow you to record your voice reading the book.

TallAssRob

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Def. keep working on your app! I could see a lot of parents using this. Reminds me of those Hallmark story books that allow you to record your voice reading the book.

Thanks for the support! My wife and I got one of those Hallmark books for my son when he was younger and it never seemed to work quite right, they probably put some pretty cheap electronics into those things. I definitely had those books in mind while creating this app though.

mijacs

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Is the trial supposed to do anything? I went to try it (guessing that the app would only allow limited number of books or pages) and I could not add a book at all.

TallAssRob

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Trial should allow you to create one book. Are you trying to create the book while in kids corner? I thought it'd make sense to disable add/edit/delete functionality when in kids corner mode.
Maybe I shouldn't disable the add button though. Let me know if that helps, and thanks for trying the app!

mijacs

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Regular mode. It says create your story and has the add button. However, when I press the button a bounce animation happens then nothing.

Edit:
If you allow add in kids corner, can you make it an option to disable it? I am willing to help my children create one if need be.

TallAssRob

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I found the problem with trial mode not working. So I'm going to post an update to Microsoft today, hopefully it will go through certification quickly.

And I like the idea of putting in a setting to allow full functionality in kids corner mode. I'll put that in with the default behavior of disabling functionality while in kids corner mode.

Thanks so much for your help diagnosing the issue, I'll make a post here when the app update goes through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos