Received Win 10 Update OTA

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Just purchased 640XL (Model RM-1065, Orange color) from B&H. Phone is Unlocked, Dual SIM Model for $209. Originally came with Win 8.1. After a few small updates and entering my information I loaded up the Windows Upgrade Advisor (from App Store) and lo and behold it showed me an update to Windows 10 Mobile. Took about an hour to download and install.

To my surprise the update turned out to be in Spanish! Not to worry - after many years playing around with phones I don't panic - all I did was hard reset (took me a little while to figure out where the factory reset was since I don't speak Spanish) but I got it worked out and when it reset it asked me to pick a language...the rest was easy.

I now have Dual Sim 640XL running Win 10.0.10586.107 (also 128 Gb SD Card) and one of my T-Mobile Sim Cards in Slot 1.
Getting 4G LTE when I'm near a tower with an LTE signal otherwise I get nice strong (at least 3 and usually 4-5 bars) on 4G on TMO. No WiFi calling but I didn't expect any yet although that may come in an update.

Very nice phone with some very minor quirks as follows:
1. Load your ringtones, notifications, etc directly into internal memory from your PC and not to your SD Card
2. It will load Here Maps onto the SD card contrary to what some have said - you just have to choose where they
go directly from the Here app.
3. Lots and lots of customization - almost equivalent to Android
4. Volume is kind of low in some cases so it has to be cranked up for notifications sometimes
5. Much of the bloatware can be uninstalled but not all
6. Nice build quality for a cheap phone and nice screen. Also lightweight
7. No WiFi issues and connected to my 2014 Hyundai Sonata immediately via Bluetooth - no issues streaming Pandora

Good function - double tap to turn screen on and double tap on navigation bar to lock screen - no need for extra apps.

All-in-all very pleased with purchase and B&H (free expedited shipping). I also expect that many of the issues people are reporting are due to not factory resetting following upgrade - I believe that will preclude issues (and also do not restore from a prior backup particularly from a Win 8.1 backup).

Now for the icing on the cake - going to try to put my second SIM card in so I can have two numbers on one phone (of course only one-at-a-time). I'll report back on how that works.

BTW this phone takes Micro-Sims

docfreed

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Just purchased 640XL (Model RM-1065, Orange color) from B&H. Phone is Unlocked, Dual SIM Model for $209. Originally came with Win 8.1. After a few small updates and entering my information I loaded up the Windows Upgrade Advisor (from App Store) and lo and behold it showed me an update to Windows 10 Mobile. Took about an hour to download and install.

To my surprise the update turned out to be in Spanish! Not to worry - after many years playing around with phones I don't panic - all I did was hard reset (took me a little while to figure out where the factory reset was since I don't speak Spanish) but I got it worked out and when it reset it asked me to pick a language...the rest was easy.

I now have Dual Sim 640XL running Win 10.0.10586.107 (also 128 Gb SD Card) and one of my T-Mobile Sim Cards in Slot 1.
Getting 4G LTE when I'm near a tower with an LTE signal otherwise I get nice strong (at least 3 and usually 4-5 bars) on 4G on TMO. No WiFi calling but I didn't expect any yet although that may come in an update.

Very nice phone with some very minor quirks as follows:
1. Load your ringtones, notifications, etc directly into internal memory from your PC and not to your SD Card
2. It will load Here Maps onto the SD card contrary to what some have said - you just have to choose where they
go directly from the Here app.
3. Lots and lots of customization - almost equivalent to Android
4. Volume is kind of low in some cases so it has to be cranked up for notifications sometimes
5. Much of the bloatware can be uninstalled but not all
6. Nice build quality for a cheap phone and nice screen. Also lightweight
7. No WiFi issues and connected to my 2014 Hyundai Sonata immediately via Bluetooth - no issues streaming Pandora

Good function - double tap to turn screen on and double tap on navigation bar to lock screen - no need for extra apps.

All-in-all very pleased with purchase and B&H (free expedited shipping). I also expect that many of the issues people are reporting are due to not factory resetting following upgrade - I believe that will preclude issues (and also do not restore from a prior backup particularly from a Win 8.1 backup).

Now for the icing on the cake - going to try to put my second SIM card in so I can have two numbers on one phone (of course only one-at-a-time). I'll report back on how that works.

BTW this phone takes Micro-Sims

docfreed

great going, good luck ahead with the journey on windows 10 mobile :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon