Redstone and BlueTooth

Blashkyrk

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Have anyone with a 950 (or XL) have working Bluetooth connections running Redstone?
Since I got the first Redstone preview I lost my BT connection to my car (Audi MMI) and also my headset does not work any more (SonyEricsson MW600). The phone see the car and vice versa but when connecting either the connection is dropped or there is like 100 "headset" devices popping up.
If I manage to pair them the connection is either dropped immediately or just not working.
I'm currently on OS-version .14283.1000 and FW-version .16025.39014.

Please no "you must hardreset" comments without actual proof it solves this problem.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
you must hard reset. its already been mentioned that there is a bluetooth problem.

i had to reset to get my Band2 talking again, and my headphones. didnt check the car BT, but may not have been working.

Blashkyrk

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset didn't solve anything.
I know it's the standard answer to everything around here but it did not solve this one. Still same behavior. Pairing is either successful or only partial (usually just voice, not media). After pairing the connection is dropped or not established again. Tried to remove the pairing on both devices several times but the same story. Worked great in the earlier branch. Tested on two different cars brands and one headset.
Would be interesting to know what changed in this branch compared to the old/previous one.

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset didn't solve anything.
I know it's the standard answer to everything around here but it did not solve this one. Still same behavior. Pairing is either successful or only partial (usually just voice, not media). After pairing the connection is dropped or not established again. Tried to remove the pairing on both devices several times but the same story. Worked great in the earlier branch. Tested on two different cars brands and one headset.
Would be interesting to know what changed in this branch compared to the old/previous one.

From what I've heard, the Bluetooth stack was upgraded in this update. I just took ownership of a BMW and noticed that once paired, I can only make calls. No music streaming. My brother also has a L950 but not on the insider preview and he is able to pair and stream music through this vehicle so I decided to roll back to the pre-Redstone branch. I'm a bit concerned what happens when Redstone gets pushed.

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
950XL with latest Redstone and no problems. I can stream music to my car system and answer phone calls.
OS 14291.1001 FW 16025.39013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria