Remember the Promo Code MS gave out for screwing up the 1020 Pre-order ?

mixxxk

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So, to any of u that preordered the Lumia 1020 expecting to get it on launch, and did not, we all got an email a few days later that looked like this :

Dear your name here,

Thank you for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1020 Windows Phone from Microsoft Store. Your new phone and free camera grip should be delivered to you by August 1st. You?ll be getting an email from us once your phone has shipped. Or, you can just <a href=?http://phones.microsoftstore.com/ecommerce/customer-support/OrderStatus.aspx?r=microsoft
?>track your order</a> on our site.

Because there was a delay in shipping your order, we?d like to make it up to you by giving you a $150 gift card, good for your next purchase of $150 or more at the Microsoft Store online. To use your gift card, just <a href=?Microsoft Store - Free shipping. Free returns. On everything, every day
?>come back to the store</a>, put the items you want in your cart, and use this promo code when you?re checking out:

xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for shopping at Microsoft Store

At the time there was nothing that i really wanted for this device being as it already came with the grip. Fastfoward to yesterday, i decided i wanted to add a line to my account and use this $150 off, and make the 1020 only cost me $50. There was no disclaimer in that email that stated the promo code would work for only certain things.... so i thought instant deal !

i was wrong.

so if u go to microsoftstore.com, and pick an item , it lets u put it into a cart, and once an item is in a cart, u can apply a promo code. now, i f u pick a phone, add to cart is replaced by "plan options".
so i followed the 4 step process, and no where to be found was a place to enter a promo code.
so i called the 800 number to talk to a human being. The CSR attempted to make the same order so he could realize i was correct, and the site was flawed. so, now im on hold......
finally after about 20 minutes of please hold, he says," are u willing to buy the phone at $199, and then we will just credit u back the $150, being no spot for a code." i said sure, as long as it will be credited without an issue, lets do it. the CSR takes my order, gets all my info, charges my card. Proceeeds to tell me, now all i need to do is "transfer u to customer service where they can apply the credit" . hmmmmmm, so i said to him, "are we going to warm transfer so u can fill in the blanks for the person ur sending me off to ?" he said they cant, it will be cold, but he will explain it to the Rep before sending me over.
Customer Service answers......
Knows nothing of the last hour i have been on the phone.
i explain it all over again.
please hold
please hold
comes back, "oh, we cant apply a credit here. "
i explain how i was just told this would not be an issue per last CSR. New rep tells me this promo code is for microsoft.com, not microsoftstore.com. now i am livid. i say i got the email from the microsoftstore.com, not microsoft.com.i offer to fwd the email to them so they can see for themselves. he asks me to send it to an email address, i do. he reads it... sounds lost now....then
please hold.
hangs up.
wasnt me, i was on my 920 with full bars.
now im super pissed. called back
pressed all the prompts.
got a girl this time, i prewarn her ive been on the phone now for over 2 hours, and my patience is low. i explain story, yet again. this time she reads some notes, and says "ill get u to a supervisor." the supervisor wants to tell me the first CSR was wrong for saying that we will issue a credit, and my code isnt any good. the best he can do is send it off to some management team and they will call me back within 24 hours.
we are at 12 hours to go.

anyone else have an issue using the code on a phone order ?
frustrated.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
That's ridiculous. I hope you get it sorted out. I'm be emailing everyone in Microsoft included senior management.

liin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
eMail stated "good for your next purchase of $150 or more". Your 1020 does not count since you already pre-ordered it. If you had not purchased it, you won't have gotten the promo in the first place, which, is for your next purchase of $150 or more.

My experience with MS is this. For its free camera grip offer, I could not find when it expired, so I asked when I got mine last week ( not a pre-order, and at local MS retail store ). They told me the offer still stands, that is till they tried to ring it up that they discovered they were wrong. I was ready to pay for it, but they figured a way to override it and gave me one anyways.

So I would think if they couldn't do it, they really couldn't do it. Not because they didn't know how or didn't want to.

mixxxk

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough... I already got a 1020 at launch that was late, then they sent me the promo code which I wanted to use yesterday on another 1020.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs