Remote Desktop- how do I right click?

Prodip Saha

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I am using Nokia Lumia 1520 with W10M (10586 build). So far the experience is positive and I am able to do so many things those were not available on Windows Phone 8.1. Trying to raise the bar!

I installed Cisco AnyConnect to VPN. RDP to my desktop using Remote Desktop Application. Wow! I got unlimited power. :)- Wait, don't call me crazy because I am compiling Visual Studio on my phone! Yea, 6 inch screen is small but it works (without having Continuum)! Well, I had to use the mouse left click because I have no idea how to trigger right mouse click. Do you know how?

I didn't connect Bluetooth keyboard and the build in keyboard with remote desktop is not intuitive as it hides my small screen. Would appreciate if you can share your experiences using RDP keyboard.

Thanks,
Prodip

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I use the Remote Desktop app quite a bit. Are you talking about just right-click functionality within the mobile Remote Desktop app using touch? If so, there are two scenarios here:
  1. Mouse Pointer option is enabled and you can see a mouse cursor. To right-click, it is just a two-finger tap.
  2. Mouse Pointer option is disabled and you do not see a mouse cursor. To right-click, it is a single finger long-press. In Windows 7, it shows no visual cues but the right-click menu will appear after releasing your finger. I usually have to hold it about 3-4 seconds to get it to consistently show up.

To bring up the toggle for the Mouse Pointer, simply click on the name of the server in the bar at the top.

Prodip Saha

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
@jvanlew- Thank you so much for the response. I have the mouse pointer on and double tap did not work! So, I turn off the mouse pointer and I could see the context menu (right click)- it worked. Not the expected behavior but I just wanted to prove the option!

Not sure if this is due to my hardware or it is the W10M OS but let's see if anyone had different experience.

Again, many thanks for the feedback.

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
@Prodip - To clarify, a two-finger tap is not a double tap. A two-finger tap is tapping on the screen with two fingers simultaneously. Sorry I didn't follow up sooner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshletHarris