Remove "Not Responding" permanently in Windows 7.

Ahmeto Fihhhters

Jun 28, 2019
Visit site
Hello!

Is the way to remove "(Not Responding)" completely and permanently instead of fixing? Or prevent brightness adjust after clicking a program window?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No, later

If you are not willing to run a defrag, then I'm not sure how any one else will be able to help you?

By running a defrag, you free up space in the file allocation table as well as placing the fragmented bites of files in a sequential order that allows the O/S to load, find and execute them quicker.

The other benefit of freeing up space in the file table is that your page file is not fragmented all over your hard drive thus boosting performance.

As I highly doubt you have it set the page file at fixed size, a dynamic page file is diabolical in reducing performance in a heavily fragmented drive not to mention if the system has it set to use more than physical ram in your system.

This is what people generally use to refer to as "system slow downs" therefore erroneously recommending clean installs after a prolonged (i.e over a year) use of a Windows PC.

On a mechanical hdd, anything placed inside the platter will take longer to load and anything on the outer rim will take less time to load (seek times). Therefore to speed up a drive as much as possible with software, you will need to place the page file on the outer rim and set it to the same amount as your ram and have the windows folder start after in a sequential order.
UD 1.JPG

In short. Defrag. Your. Drive. Or invest in a SSD - You can purchase a 120 Gig SSD for about 20 bucks from Amazon.com.

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If you are not willing to run a defrag, then I'm not sure how any one else will be able to help you?

By running a defrag, you free up space in the file allocation table as well as placing the fragmented bites of files in a sequential order that allows the O/S to load, find and execute them quicker.

The other benefit of freeing up space in the file table is that your page file is not fragmented all over your hard drive thus boosting performance.

As I highly doubt you have it set the page file at fixed size, a dynamic page file is diabolical in reducing performance in a heavily fragmented drive not to mention if the system has it set to use more than physical ram in your system.

This is what people generally use to refer to as "system slow downs" therefore erroneously recommending clean installs after a prolonged (i.e over a year) use of a Windows PC.

On a mechanical hdd, anything placed inside the platter will take longer to load and anything on the outer rim will take less time to load (seek times). Therefore to speed up a drive as much as possible with software, you will need to place the page file on the outer rim and set it to the same amount as your ram and have the windows folder start after in a sequential order.
View attachment 141111

In short. Defrag. Your. Drive. Or invest in a SSD - You can purchase a 120 Gig SSD for about 20 bucks from Amazon.com.

This is a great reply, hopefully the OP will take note - thanks!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This happens when your computer is waiting to do something, so the screen darkens slightly. If this continually happens using an Office program, try uninstalling and reinstalling Office.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If it whitens it could still be your computer trying to do something, but it can't so it locks up and hangs and the screen whitens. I would try booting in to Safe Mode and seeing if that makes a difference. Also, what are your computer specs?

Is this the same PC which you are also wanting to play FIFA 17 on here?

https://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/491802-run-fifa-17-windows-7-32-bit.html#post3790015

If it is, it definitely sounds like maybe the specs need to be upgraded (e.g. CPU, hard drive, RAM) and possibly a clean install and reinstallation of your Windows 7 as well.

Ahmeto Fihhhters

Jun 28, 2019
Visit site
If it whitens it could still be your computer trying to do something, but it can't so it locks up and hangs and the screen whitens. I would try booting in to Safe Mode and seeing if that makes a difference. Also, what are your computer specs?

Is this the same PC which you are also wanting to play FIFA 17 on here?

https://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/491802-run-fifa-17-windows-7-32-bit.html#post3790015

If it is, it definitely sounds like maybe the specs need to be upgraded (e.g. CPU, hard drive, RAM) and possibly a clean install and reinstallation of your Windows 7 as well.

Yes.

Alo is the way a remove "whitens" effect after clicking a window that not responding?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Most likely the 'whitens' happens because either your CPU isn't good enough to handle all the stuff you are doing and/or you don't have enough free RAM. Hence, your computer 'whitens' and has to wait for resources to be freed up again before you can use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99