Replaced phone has screen flicker on glance screen

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Bit of a long story this one.

I bought a l920 on 21st December 2012 from phones4u then this year I got the 1020 on release day I was going to keep the l920 as a spare but told a friend at work that he could borrow it to see if he liked windows phones. So I reset it so he could set it up himself the phone never restarted and stuck on the spinning gears.

I contacted nokia and was told to send it back for them to look at I popped into a local carphone warehouse and they sent it away. on the online repair tracker it said that the phone was not covered under warrenty but that they had repaired it anyway for free. It also said it would say when it was back at the store they had told me that they would ring me as well.

After 4 weeks I was passing the store and popped in to see if it was in, they said it wasn't and would ring me. After 28days since the repair was completed I rang the number on the repair slip and the guy said it was back at the store so he rang them for me and it was there but because there was no name on the slip they did not realise it was mine!

So I went and got it, when I got home I was surprised to find that it was a new phone with charger, headphones and fully boxed as new.

anyway my friend at work liked it and bought it of me now after 2 weeks it has started flickering on the glance screen it is like a square with white lines where the time is being displayed.

so a few questions

1) how much warranty will there be on this handset purchase date for the original phone was 21/12/12 and he has the original invoice.

2) is this a hardware or software issue, anyone know of any fixes

3) if its faulty who should I take it to not keen on waiting 6 weeks again

4) I have a photo of the fault how do I post it

thanks for reading this!

Last edited:

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
We are in the uk so it looks like 24 months for the phone. He was doing a full reset last night to see if it fixes it if not he will have to contact Nokia.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
We are in the uk so it looks like 24 months for the phone. He was doing a full reset last night to see if it fixes it if not he will have to contact Nokia.
Make sure he knows how to back up his phone
Read this Reset my phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
and on the left hand column read "back up and storage" and everything listed there and read "how to update my phone software" it has info you need for a reset too.

And when you're in the process of restoring and you've configured you MS account ( you need an MS account and then you backup apps etc before you reset phone) and it gives a message with an option of restoring backup now or later DO IT NOW ! You click on your MS account and sign in don't do it later.
Backup (your stuff to the cloud) is listed in SETTINGS > system > backup.
You loose data and if you haven't backed up texts you will lose them. Games saves ? I don't know I don't play games

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the help so far we have had it confirmed that there is 2 year warranty so there is no panic to get this sorted. We just need to make sure his contacts etc are backed up and im going to help do a full reset to see it it fixes it.

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 now flickers only when Glance Screen is on or if I make a Skype call or play any game for more than 10-15 mins continuously. Do you guys prefer that I should ask for a replacement?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 920 now flickers only when Glance Screen is on or if I make a Skype call or play any game for more than 10-15 mins continuously. Do you guys prefer that I should ask for a replacement?

I would do a factory reset first but make sure you know how to back up your phone and get apps and

read it all in my post http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...screen-flicker-glance-screen.html#post2245526

if that doesn't do it you might want to ask for a replacement.

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's what we are going to do the funny thing is it only does it when he has been using it for awhile Facebook internet etc so it might be heat related. He's going to wait for gdr3 as he does not want to be without it over Christmas.

as he has another years warranty he can wait and see if the updates sort it out.

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah..!! Did Hard Reset also but still getting the same issue...

Not done the reset yet waiting to see if the gdr3 and firmware update sorts it out. it only does it after he has been using it for a while and then its ok again in a few minutes.

Has yours always done it or did it start after having the phone a few months? Any idea what's causing it?

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
This also happened to me on my first lumia. Just go the store and let them replaced it. I just got my new replaced Lumia 920 yesterday.

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
This also happened to me on my first lumia. Just go the store and let them replaced it. I just got my new replaced Lumia 920 yesterday.

He went to the store and they said they would send it for repair but he does not want to be without it for Christmas so if he does send it in it will be in January

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb