Replacing a screen

slidell4life

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am replacing the screen on my Lumia 900, but I'm stuck trying to remove the front locking pin. This video makes it sound easy (skip to 0:42):
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvWWY--aaic[/YT]

However, I can't seem to hook the pin using the SIM tool. Does anyone have experience taking this handset apart?

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't it still be under warranty it hasn't been out 30 days yet and definitely not a year the manufacturer or att should assist right?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I still don't get how the galaxy nexus claims 12 hours of talk time.. My cousin has one, and he needed to get a larger battery just to last through the day...

of topic I know, sorry, just weird to me.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
There's a void warranty sticker I think on the lock pin, it's black so you don't even really see it. It's pretty easy to do though, just stick the pointy end in then lever it out like they did in the video. But as they said, it isn't wise to do it since it's been less than 30 days

wpphred

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Tip on getting pin out

I found that I was able to get the screen retainer pin out by taking the smallest flat-blade screwdriver I have (with a tip like 1mm wide) and gently inserting it behind the pin (toward the outside edge of the phone). This made it possible for the head of the pin to slide out. When I had done this, the pin slid out very easily. So, I'd say if the pin isn't sliding smoothly, you don't have it aligned right.

Also, take pictures of each step in case you forget what piece goes where. Particularly important is to take close-up pictures of the screws that hold the battery cover in place. The phillips head screws are shorter and there are only 3 of them. If you don't remember the places they go into (one in one corner, the other two in the opposite corner), you'll waste a lot of time trying to figure it out.

And, as noted elsewhere, this will void your warranty. I read somewhere that just removing the little black sticker over the retaining pin is what alerts Nokia that the phone's been fiddled with.

Good luck.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you have to first carefully remove the black 'warranty' sticker, it does comes off very easily without braking, so you will be able to put it back when you finish, to get the pin out I use a paper click and it comes out very easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo