Report on the 521 from HSN - With Amber Update

Jim Bob4

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I got my first windows phone on Thursday from the HSN. I have always been an android user, so before I switch to T-mobile I decided to personalize the 521 while only connected to Wifi with no SIM. I must say so far I am a convert. I find the live tiles on a single page to be very very functional. I have arranged them in size and order according to my usage. I have three email accounts and they all connected flawlessly. I merged all my contacts into one and was able to edit all contacts in one place for all three email accounts. I have skydrive working for my photos, and an SD card for my music. I got a hybrid case on Amazon. A car charger came with the HSN bundle.

I was surprised to see that it already had the Amber update.

So far the phone is doing every thing I need with ONE exception!
I cannot get the screen capture to work at all...it keeps bringing up voice commands/recognition instead. I have no idea why and have looked to change settings, but have not found anything.

As the month with my current cell phone provider comes to an end, I will get a t-mobile plan and see how functional calling and texting is on this phone. But, so far, I like it better than cluttered android phones.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your first windows phone and welcome to the world of windows phone. I own a Lumia 920 and planning to get a Lumia 520 in a few weeks.
as for the screen capture u have to press the power and windows (center touch button) buttons at the same time, if done successfully you will see "saving to screenshots" on the top right of the screen. you will find you screenshots in screenshots folder in the gallery. hope that helps you solve your problem.

Jim Bob4

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks....it appears that the trick was to hit both buttons at the same time...previously I was hold down one and then hitting the other.
Onwards and upwards. It's a great phone.

nomoore

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations! I bought my 521 a month or 2 ago. I am still learning new features of WP8 even though I had WP7.5 before. I didn't even know it could do screenshots. I'm also glad to hear the one from HSN has Amber already. I just ordered one for my wife and that means I won't have to upgrade it before handing it over to her.:smile: Thanks for the report!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium