[Request] Sparkle ringtone within Windows Insider App only now 8.0...

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have Googled/Bing a ton...and found a thread at Microsoft Answers Community...
Since upgrading to Windows Phone 8.1--->the Windows Insider app, is no longer available..A moderator replied that the 'Ringtone files within Windows Insider app (now only for Windows Phone 8.0)....that one could not get access to them....

Question/request: Does any member still have Windows Phone 8.0 installed and also the Windows Insider app...? If so, could you kindly attempt to upload the 'Sparkle ringtone'....lol
I have also explored a ton of various ringtone sites....but this 'Sparkle' ringtone...is not the same..Typically, I only utilize the AT&T Firefly ringtone....however this 'Sparkle ringtone---within Insider app was quite nice....and conservative...lol

Thanks for a strange thread...oh well...am bored today, and if any site could do this, its our very keen collective membership!

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi neo158,
Unfortunately I have already tried the Windows Phone Store-US and it states 'this app is not available for your device...thanks though.
Strange as the Reviews' show recent Lumia 920 users with latest developer preview OS....showing they have installed it...Other Reviews' have stated Why is it not available for all 8.1 devices..?

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Lol....just emailed insiderapp@live.com
And promptly received a reply:
Subject: Vacation Reply

Thanks for your feedback in the insiderapp..bla....bla..

So will see what happens when their 'back-from-holiday'....lol

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi neo158,
Unfortunately I have already tried the Windows Phone Store-US and it states 'this app is not available for your device...thanks though.
Strange as the Reviews' show recent Lumia 920 users with latest developer preview OS....showing they have installed it...Other Reviews' have stated Why is it not available for all 8.1 devices..?

Is that through your phone or using a desktop or laptop to view the website?

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Aha...yes I was using my Lumia 920 to view your link...which took me to the Windows Phone store (US)..
I will try from my laptop shortly...and post back...hope it works..thanks again.

Untitled.png

I D/L the insider.xap file....however reviewing further, I would need a SD card...which (of course) the Lumia 920 doesn't have....wonder if I get it on my phone---->I have a app called 'Archiver'....wonder if it can open it and install..?
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/archiver/d061135a-5aaf-4033-b8b7-eec68abba397

To download .XAP files from the Windows Phone Store on the web

1.Open a web browser and go to www.windowsphone.com.

2.Click Apps + Games, then click the app you want to download.

3.Scroll down on the web page, then click Download and install manually (below the app requirements and supported languages).

4.When prompted, save the .XAP file to a location on your computer, SD card or storage device.

Note

If you download the .XAP file to a location other than an SD card supported by your phone, you'll need to move or copy the file to an SD card to install it on your phone.

For information about moving or copying files using Windows Explorer (called File Explorer in some versions of Windows), go to the Windows website and search in the How-to section.

To install apps and games from your phone's SD card

1.Insert an SD card that contains one or more .XAP files into your phone.

2.In the App list, tap Store Store Tile.

3.Tap More More icon, then tap Install local apps. (If you're running an earlier version of Windows Phone, look for the SD card option instead.)

Note

If you've just inserted the SD card or added the .XAP files, you might need to wait a few minutes before you can access your SD card from the Store.

4.Select the apps you want, then tap Install.

5.Installed apps appear in the App list. Depending on the specific app or game, you'll be able to use them as follows:
•Free apps and games can be used immediately.
•Paid apps and games that have a trial will be available as a trial version that you can purchase later.
•Paid apps and games without a trial must be purchased before you can use them.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4