Resolution Requirement for metro apps

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Now that metro apps can run on desktop, why is MS still keeping minimum 1024*768 as required resolution to run metro apps??? There is a video on YouTube that demonstrates a pc with native 1280*600 running metro apps by first switching to a greater 1024*768+ resolution, launching the store and then back to 1280*600 and store works fine in that resolution.. Windows is detecting a low resolution and preventing app launch, though they work fine with some resolutions like 1280*720 and 1280*600.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I think they have this requirement to ensure users get the best experience when using apps, specially when you snap two apps, so if you are running in low resolution and you snap the apps then everything will be too small to use comfortably unlike when you running the required resolution where the apps will look and feel better.

Remember, Microsoft isn't stupid to put a limitation for no reason.

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Snapping requires greater horizontal resolution, vertical has not much role to play. I dont have a copy yet, i was planning to download but stopped seeing resolution requirement. My monitor has 1280*720 HD screen. This resolution is presently there in many lumias too, I wonder if windows 10 is going to be "universal".

Windows 8 had the restriction to prevent apps from getting cropped out as they ran in full screen. But they run in windowed mode in 10, by default. Can't MS rather impose a restriction to prevent running apps in full screen mode on such displays?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro