(Resolved) Suggest a Case and the Amber Update

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I've currently got this case for my new 822 Amazon.com: CoverON? Soft Silicone BLACK Skin Cover Case for NOKIA 822 LUMIA / ATLAS VERIZON [WCB123]: Cell Phones & Accessories. Will it suffice or is an Incipio Dual Pro really necessary? TP vs Hard case(got one of these too)? Due to circumstances someone else currently has my 822. Is it safe to ask him to let Amber update? I've read several cases of getting stuck at the gears stage and bricking is worrying. Is this problem fixed and is this sort of bricking permanent?

Last edited:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Suggest a Case and the Amber Update

Nothing is ever perfectly safe but yes, you can let your friend update your phone. As far as what case is enough: It depends on what situations your phone is going to be in. Just an average user? Case is basically just a personal choice. Construction worker? Get the bigger, more protective case.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

I've currently got this case for my new 822 Amazon.com: CoverON? Soft Silicone BLACK Skin Cover Case for NOKIA 822 LUMIA / ATLAS VERIZON [WCB123]: Cell Phones & Accessories. Will it suffice or is an Incipio Dual Pro really necessary? TP vs Hard case(got one of these too)? Due to circumstances someone else currently has my 822. Is it safe to ask him to let Amber update? I've read several cases of getting stuck at the gears stage and bricking is worrying. Is this problem fixed and is this sort of bricking permanent?

Don't know if this is too late, but I really like the Incipio Dual Pro case. It adds very little bulk to the phone. It's basically a silicone sleeve and a hard shell combination.

Amazon.com: Incipio NK-143 Dual Pro Case for Nokia Lumia 822 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I agree, have one on my phone and my wife has one on hers. Wish it came in some more colors, but I usually buy the all black one anyway.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Don't know if this is too late, but I really like the Incipio Dual Pro case. It adds very little bulk to the phone. It's basically a silicone sleeve and a hard shell combination.

Amazon.com: Incipio NK-143 Dual Pro Case for Nokia Lumia 822 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I agree, have one on my phone and my wife has one on hers. Wish it came in some more colors, but I usually buy the all black one anyway.

Yup. I have this case too and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks people I ordered the DualPro from WPCentral store yesterday using the 15% off coupon. Could have used the Amazon link but Amazon sellers often substitute it chinese knock offs. Should have posted this on the thread earlier, my bad, thanks again.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks people I ordered the DualPro from WPCentral store yesterday using the 15% off coupon. Could have used the Amazon link but Amazon sellers often substitute it chinese knock offs. Should have posted this on the thread earlier, my bad, thanks again.

Let us know how you like it. I think you'll be pleased.

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: Got it a couple days ago and it is great. Literally the best case I've had, I had thought it expensive but entirely justified. Thanks people!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb