ride the boat till it sinks, or jump ship?

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ive had a WindowsPhone since day 1 and its a refreshing change from iOS. But the lack of nice looking high end phones and lack of games and games that look nice is the reason I flip back and forth from my WP to my iphone 4. Although I generally don't like In App purchases, this is a reason why a lot of games don't get ported to WP. No release date for the Nokia 900 isn't helping, for me anyways.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I've said this for over a year now. Microsoft has been focusing on emerging markets, so it is no surprise that it is flopping in NA. Even with the Mango and Apollo updates, they have only been playing catch-up. I don't see Windows Phone as a sinking ship at all, though. I believe it is going to blow up in China, which would be more than enough to call it successful.

If you're talking about NA and Europe, I bet we'll continue the current trend of Nokia getting the vast majority of sales while HTC, Samsung, and a few others throw out random phones every now and then. Since Nokia has a much stronger presence in Europe, I'm sure market share will grow healthily there. I still think there is a huge uphill battle in the US, though...

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I've said this for over a year now. Microsoft has been focusing on emerging markets, so it is no surprise that it is flopping in NA. Even with the Mango and Apollo updates, they have only been playing catch-up. I don't see Windows Phone as a sinking ship at all, though. I believe it is going to blow up in China, which would be more than enough to call it successful.

WP may still be in last place in NA, but it's market share has nevertheless increased in the short time it has been around. It cannot therefore be described as a failure. It's unrealistic to think that a new platform would overtake any other platform in a year. As long as it's growing it's not failing.

Odeira.Oloap

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Even if they killed off Windows Phone, I'd still use my HTC HD7 as my daily driver.

Sure, I'll probably be gifted a Galaxy S II at some point in my life. But, still. Windows Phone has made me more connected to my Facebook Chat-mates and Twitter followers.

That in itself is the reason as to why I'd still stick to the OS.

But Honestly, I really feel that Windows Phone will do rather well. It will take some time, but still. A Gradual improvement is better than NO improvement at all, you know?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
When I started with Verizon Wireless, I was really looked down on by my coworkers for wanting a Trophy. I will never look back. I absolutely love my Trophy. It performs much better than the Razr I have for my work phone. iPhones are awesome but honestly I don't think any OS has the integration that WP7 has.

After like a week in training for Verizon, all of my class mates wanted a Trophy. It was actually kind of funny. There was even one girl in my training group who had a 4S for her personal phone and a Trophy for her work phone. When she first got the Trophy she left it turned off for weeks because she detested Microsoft and was an Apple fangirl. By the end of training she was using her iPhone for Pandora and doing her Facebook chat on her Trophy.

I honestly think with the right marketing push and with proper retail store training, WP7 will be HUGE and I think we'll see market share grow exponentially.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire