ridiculous Ebay sales?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
so I was just browsing Ebay for a screen protector for my new X3 and I can't BELIEVE! the REDONKULOUS asking prices of not some but MOST of the accessories! I can't believe no one has mentioned anything about this! I saw a listing for a HP OEM case for a whopping $175 bucks.. not pesos! US dollars! LOL WHAT? the only reasonable pricing I saw was from china for their screen protectors! WTH are some of these people thinking? X3's are selling for over $1200 :shocked::shocked: whAAAAAaaaaa?? do they think anyone is going to buy these? REALLY??? I'm thinking maybe I'll sell my cases on ebay! LOL I don't think these X3's are as popular as they think they are... sorry but no one luvs my X3 and think they're the best thing since slice bread as much as I do and even I don't think they're worth more than $200! :winktongue: or I wouldn't pay more than $200 :winktongue:

-end rant-

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I periodically browse through the X3 items on eBay. I just can't fathom any of that stuff I see selling at those high prices. It's crazy. Even the used X3s I'm seeing are overpriced a bit in my opinion.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I periodically browse through the X3 items on eBay. I just can't fathom any of that stuff I see selling at those high prices. It's crazy. Even the used X3s I'm seeing are overpriced a bit in my opinion.

absolutely agree... it's not like these phones are in high demand! and Windows phones are being abandoned left and right *spits in distaste* it just boggles my mind! I have this urge to write them and ask...….…. WTF man? lol

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Love the form factor and size. Hate the camera and lack of apps. $1200? Good luck.

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3

meant to reply but forgot, the camera isn't as bad as it used to be, its improved dramatically since its earlier release.... I feel a lot of people are exaggerating the cameras quality. its not as good as the 950/950XL but a lot better than some phones too...

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
absolutely agree... it's not like these phones are in high demand! and Windows phones are being abandoned left and right *spits in distaste* it just boggles my mind! I have this urge to write them and ask...….…. WTF man? lol

Demand means nothing nor is the fact Windows Phone is being abandoned. People (sellers) will place whatever price they choose too usually because "they can" simple as that. And it just isn't in the Windows Phone realm where this is happening either. Nature of the beast in today's world with it highly unlikely to change.

Oh, and Microsoft HAD the x3 still listed at the ridiculous price of $999 CAD until they pulled it. So it's not just eBay and the like.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Demand means nothing nor is the fact Windows Phone is being abandoned. People (sellers) will place whatever price they choose too usually because "they can" simple as that. And it just isn't in the Windows Phone realm where this is happening either. Nature of the beast in today's world with it highly unlikely to change.

Oh, and Microsoft HAD the x3 still listed at the ridiculous price of $999 CAD until they pulled it. So it's not just eBay and the like.

false, MSFT was listing it at $299 and I posted that in one of the threads (forget which) but it was marked sold out... HP "CANADA" is listing them for $999 which is lack of all common sense and reeks if desperation! As for listing things for whatever price... economics 101, people will never buy things at a ridiculous price, so I disagree with your statement :wink: supply N demand will drive up prices and then ONLY then can people start putting stuff at high prices because "they can" because there will be a demand for it... as of now, NO ONE is demanding these things because of many factors I'm not gonna get into again but everyone knows lol we all know that the X3 is not very popular, so them trying to sell at those insane prices is just.... "insane" :wink:

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
false, MSFT was listing it at $299 and I posted that in one of the threads (forget which) but it was marked sold out... HP "CANADA" is listing them for $999 which is lack of all common sense and reeks if desperation! As for listing things for whatever price... economics 101, people will never buy things at a ridiculous price, so I disagree with your statement :wink: supply N demand will drive up prices and then ONLY then can people start putting stuff at high prices because "they can" because there will be a demand for it... as of now, NO ONE is demanding these things because of many factors I'm not gonna get into again but everyone knows lol we all know that the X3 is not very popular, so them trying to sell at those insane prices is just.... "insane" :wink:

Well OK they marked it down once it was sold out, or maybe 2-3 people bought it at that reduced price. Either way my point was Microsoft was steadfast at keeping the price high for the majority of the time they had it listed. As for HP Canada, what can I say.

Sorry, there isn't always a correlation between high prices and high demand. Takes me only seconds to browse Internet Land finding products with little to no demand yet are selling at exorbitant prices. Lots of reasons for this such as those who bought these products at full retail then seeing minimal to no use, obviously they feel it has some worth whether we agree or not. If one considers it money already spent then they have nothing to lose pricing it high. It either sells or it does not. So yes "they can".

And don't fool yourself, there are people out there who WILL spend the bucks if they want it bad enough - those few that do does not make it a supply-n-demand situation. So never say NEVER as that's a cardinal rule :wink:

Not disagreeing with you that some of these prices defy reasoning yet not much we can do is there. Our only option is to throw them a bone in hopes they are hungry enough to take it. :winktongue:

Last edited:

Kaelon

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
I will absolutely say that, as someone who loves huge phones (the original Samsung Note 4 still ranks among my top favorites, and I'm itching for something bigger than my iPhone 8 Plus and even Samsung Note 9) and has a morbid fascination with Windows 10 Mobile, I was tempted with anything in the $1,000 or less category. However, I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for 2-year-old technology running on abandoned OS and diminishing apps. So I bought a refurbished one instead that looks like it's in "almost new" condition for a third that. Arrives next week - we'll see!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I will absolutely say that, as someone who loves huge phones (the original Samsung Note 4 still ranks among my top favorites, and I'm itching for something bigger than my iPhone 8 Plus and even Samsung Note 9) and has a morbid fascination with Windows 10 Mobile, I was tempted with anything in the $1,000 or less category. However, I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for 2-year-old technology running on abandoned OS and diminishing apps. So I bought a refurbished one instead that looks like it's in "almost new" condition for a third that. Arrives next week - we'll see!

so which phone did you end up getting? an X3 or a 950XL?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Well OK they marked it down once it was sold out, or maybe 2-3 people bought it at that reduced price. Either way my point was Microsoft was steadfast at keeping the price high for the majority of the time they had it listed. As for HP Canada, what can I say.

Sorry, there isn't always a correlation between high prices and high demand. Takes me only seconds to browse Internet Land finding products with little to no demand yet are selling at exorbitant prices. Lots of reasons for this such as those who bought these products at full retail then seeing minimal to no use, obviously they feel it has some worth whether we agree or not. If one considers it money already spent then they have nothing to lose pricing it high. It either sells or it does not. So yes "they can".

And don't fool yourself, there are people out there who WILL spend the bucks if they want it bad enough - those few that do does not make it a supply-n-demand situation. So never say NEVER as that's a cardinal rule :wink:

Not disagreeing with you that some of these prices defy reasoning yet not much we can do is there. Our only option is to throw them a bone in hopes they are hungry enough to take it. :winktongue:

forgot to look in this post LOL

I disagree with you and some of your statements only prove what I'm saying... the people who WILL spend the money fall into the category of "demand" and I am not talking about weird or collectible stuff people are willing to pay an exuberant amount of money for, I'm talking regular stuff that ends up being favorable or popular and people gotta have it... or better yet, lets look as a good example how NVIDIA video cards prices are seriously inflated because of all the "mining" for crypto currency which in turn is driving up the price for all gtx 1060+1070+1080 and RAM for that matter also! LOL hence "supply N demand" the more demand the higher the price... it works for companies like Samsung too which can sell 900-1000 dollar phones and people are buying them LOL but then people look to buy premium "Windows" phone and expect companies to sell lower (at a loss) cuzz they're not as "popular" as the samsung phones. and a great example of that is the HP X3 selling for 999 US (which came with a great dock also) and people were whining it was too high regardless of the fact it had amazing tech specs that beat out or rival Samsung at the same time! except the camera LOL ANYONE who owns the X3 with all updates current knows this is a beast of a phone and battery life is *phenomenal!* anyways you get my point :wink:

Kaelon

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
so which phone did you end up getting? an X3 or a 950XL?

Both! I got the 950 XL, and just ordered an X3 refurb. Been playing with my 950 XL for most of the day today (and wow, system updates are painfully slow -- but absolutely necessary because stock Windows 10 Mobile kills the battery, and post-update, we're in a much happier place!), and I love it.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
great phone, I had one till I lost it, then I got the X3 and was blown away by the gorgeous screen and powerful specs... but I'm gonna warn you off the bat, the camera is no where near the 950XL caliber... aslo I think the X3 is a much nicer looking phone! you def. won't be disappointed. also go check out some wallpapers I made for your new X3 in the X3 section. :wink:

Kaelon

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
great phone, I had one till I lost it, then I got the X3 and was blown away by the gorgeous screen and powerful specs... but I'm gonna warn you off the bat, the camera is no where near the 950XL caliber... aslo I think the X3 is a much nicer looking phone! you def. won't be disappointed. also go check out some wallpapers I made for your new X3 in the X3 section. :wink:

Awesome! Thank you so much. I love cameras, which is why I'm glad I have some great camera devices in my collection -- the LG V20, to this day, blows me away with its digital and hardware lenses. But I really want a gorgeous screen and a large display so that I can enjoy real estate in my palm. Ridiculous, I know, but that's part of why the X3 really has attracted me. (Incidentally, that's also why I'm looking at the Note 9.)

I'll be sure to check out the wallpapers. Been using Bing for my lockscreen so far, and really enjoying that as a Windows Phone newbie.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria