Run failed to sync

CourtyUK

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I just did a quick run. However it has failed to sync to my phone or the windows band app. My footsteps for the day have synced but not this run as an activity. If I go to the run tile on my band it lists the run as the last one - so the data is present on the watch it just wont sync it over.

After my run the sync popped up an error so I assume that has confused things. Is there a way to do a more forced sync or verify?

Thanks for any help.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
OK then, this one is just a last-straw kinda thing, but remember you can also use Unband which I'm pretty confident will find the data on the Band, and then you can export it with the app. Catch is that you cannot upload it back into the MS Health system, but if you're also syncing with something like mapmyrun you can import it there. So at least your PB is not just a "I swear it happened" sort of thing!

Actually, this is veering a bit off-topic, but I recently stumbled onto MyGPSFiles and found that it has GREAT tools for visualizing and playing with TCX/GPX files. It might be worth it to go that route (no pun intended) at least once. :wink:

-Matt

Last edited:

CourtyUK

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I'd never heard of unband...unfortunately that crashed (I'm on Win 10 so maybe due to that). Oh well looks like I'm destined not to get that run data.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Try?

1. App Crashes on Start
    Make sure to install the Microsoft Band Sync app for Windows
  2. App Still Crashes on Start
    Even though you have the Sync app installed, unBand still crashes. This is likely due to us not being able to find the Sync app.
    To solve this, copy Microsoft.Cargo.Client.Desktop8.dll from wherever it is installed toc:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Band Sync.
    You can also copy it to the same directory as unBand, search for it under%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
    Yup, we're going to work on a better solution...

CourtyUK

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Yep - I followed that (it didn't crash at that point it said it couldn't find the sync app). Once I'd followed the above it stopped saying it couldn't find sync app but instead stopped with a crash message.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Ah well NOW you've exhausted all my tips and tricks. LOL I just installed Win 10...guess I'll see if I'm having the same problem!

-Matt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss