Samsung Focus Running WP7.8

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just installed Windows Phone 7.8 on my Samsung Focus (I have two...one that has a screen issue and one that has no wi-fi).

Anyways, from what I can tell, not much has changed. The icons are a bit updated (like the games and accent colors), but other than that there's really nothing super special.

Interesting side note: If the messaging tile is enlarged fully on the Samsung Focus, it will display the messages. It does not do this on the Titan.

Build 8335, if I remember correctly.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Really!

I just installed this myself on my Focus and I'm as giddy as a little girl. Here is what I've noticed:

* Lots of cool apps pre-installed.
* 7.8 Start screen (ROCKS!)
* May just be, but text seems much sharper.
* Access to the Nokia apps (ROCKS x2!)

This is like having a new phone...

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Really!

I just installed this myself on my Focus and I'm as giddy as a little girl. Here is what I've noticed:

* Lots of cool apps pre-installed.
* 7.8 Start screen (ROCKS!)
* May just be, but text seems much sharper.
* Access to the Nokia apps (ROCKS x2!)

This is like having a new phone...

I believe I installed this version of 7.8 ROM too......originally. But can you tell me if you have had any random restart problems.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyways, from what I can tell, not much has changed. The icons are a bit updated (like the games and accent colors), but other than that there's really nothing super special.
Well, it's a pre-beta build from a Nokia phone that's had some custom hackery done by some folks over at XDA and potentially other places to make this work on HTC and Samsung devices. It doesn't even use a 7.8 bootloader (it still boots with a tango loader from a Nokia device, build 8779.12180).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99