Sceen Time-out

Dave Roberts

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing a problem with my Lumia 800, the screen time-out is has stopped working. I've tried the different time settings, but it just stays on all of the time. How can I fix this?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing a problem with my Lumia 800, the screen time-out is has stopped working. I've tried the different time settings, but it just stays on all of the time. How can I fix this?

It's not going to time out if you're constantly using the phone or even touched any button on it at any time.

Dave Roberts

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried soft reset?

I have, yes. What I find that is that when I first comes on after or reset, or power up, it operates normally, and goes off after 30 seconds [or whatever the setting is], but when I restart it by pressing the power button briefly it then stays on permanently. This morning for example it had stayed on all night.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you think a button is hanging up? Do you have touch sensitivity set to high? It may actually be touch screen receiving input from case or something else. I don't see where proximity sensor would cause this problem, but I could be wrong. Disable camera to wake option. Could still be a button hanging causing problem. If not button hang, it may be a software issue. May require hard reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers