Screen (and Body) Protector Recommendation

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I put the Wrapsol screen protector on my 822. Its a winner. The fit is perfect and it feels and looks great. I've bought a lot of screen protectors for many phones and this is a keeper.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
My replacement phone is probably coming tomorrow, but I don't have a screen protector or body shield yet. Even if I ordered yesterday, they still wouldn't have arrived in time unless I chose next day shipping, which costs more than the protector itself.

What I might do is buy the Zagg Dry from a local AT&T store or something, and if I don't like that I'll get the free replacement from Zagg, and return that (if it's sent in brand new retail packaging) or resell it.

I'll probably still try the Wrapsol and the Bodyguardz, but they probably won't arrive until next week.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
So my replacement 920 arrived today.

Beforehand, I picked up a Zagg Dry at a local AT&T store.

I installed it, and my feelings are mixed. It is better than the original Zagg--less rubbery-ness and less orange peel. Once your skin oils are on it, it's pretty smooth. It does drag a little depending on how hard you press the screen and maybe the angle your finger is at (it seems to be smoother when I scroll , but it really that bad. The orange peel, it isn't really noticeable unless you have light, and you're looking at a reflection of something on the screen. During normal use I don't notice it.

However, I had trouble aligning both the front and the back. Both are a little too short, and the back shield doesn't come all the way up the sides. Also, because the shield stuck to the logo backing that protects the "adhesive" side (the side that goes face down on your screen) I had to peel it off with my finger. In addition, because it stuck to the backing, the shield didn't sit flat on the alignment film, which meant that when I installed it, the shield wasn't flat on the screen. I had to peel the shield back up with my finger (again, by now my finger print is on the bottom of the shield) and redo it.

The back was easier to do, this time when I peeled the shield off the backing, I didn't use my finger to unstick the shield, instead I just kept bending the backing (like how you would bend the wax paper a sticker was stuck to) and kept pushing the alignment film into the shield so that the shield would hopefully stick to the film like it was supposed to, rather than the backing. I finally got the shield off the backing, and installed it. Again, it was slightly misaligned, but it didn't really matter because the shield was too short anyway. There's a small gap on the top and the bottom. I was really expecting it to go from edge to edge. I do like how it's matte and actually kind of smooth.

So am I keeping this one? No, my front screen protector has this strange line along the bottom, like something is stuck on the underside of it. Also, there are fingerprints on the bottom because I had to pull it up once, and there are these strange horizontal lines I see, not sure what those are. Must be a defect or something. I'm going to get a replacement, but I probably won't install that one. I'm hoping that the Bodyguardz and/or the Wrapsol are better and cover more of the phone. But for now, I'll leave it on the phone, I don't want my brand new Lumia to get any scratches. :p

I've done a bit of drawing on a couple of the pictures so you can see where the screen protector ends and how it's too short.

Attachments

• BcqrvhL.jpg
    BcqrvhL.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 5IdOBO8.jpg
    5IdOBO8.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 1
  • uPnMSqa.jpg
    uPnMSqa.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 0
  • fDMJTa3.jpg
    fDMJTa3.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 3
  • TntiADZ.jpg
    TntiADZ.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 2

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, what about the horizontal lines across the entire protector that you see when you shine light on it? Do you have that, or is that only mine?
those other lines I do not have, those may have shown up when you lifted it up to put back down again. It foes stretch rather easy and messes the protector up.
As a side note the zaggs from att do stick like crazy to the template piece , the replacement one isn't as bad.