Screen not working, Need to Sync Phone

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I've found myself in a bit of a quandary.

- My Lumia 900's display has stopped working (dropped it face-first on steps and it shattered. Display is completely blank and it seems that touch input isn't working either)
- I need to sync my phone using Zune; don't have a back up. More than anything, I want to download my photos, which mean a lot to me ( my Acer W500 doesn't have enough storage for a back up and my desktop, on which I back up fairly often and recently, was infected by a very bad virus and had to be wiped. And yes, I know I should have at least 1 onsite and 1 offsite backup
asleep.png
)
- I have a passcode lock on my phone. Zune requires me to enter this code to unlock for syncing
asleep.png

Is there any way to download content from my phone by some other means? (I dont think we ever got mass storage mode in WP7, did we?) Help!

Last edited by a moderator:

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...Sorry Cori, that aspect didn't even occur to me! To be clear, I know my passcode but couldn't enter it on the phone since my screen wasn't working.

Luckily, I was able to install Zune on my W500 and since I had set up my phone to sync w/ it previously, it recognized it and automatically started syncing :) . I realized that since my other PC had been completely wiped recently, it was attempting to sync me as a guest, hence the lock.

All's well that ends well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99