Screen protector or not?

jlwaters11

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to give it a try.. I bought one on Amazon and the screen protectoror was cut short, so it left an 1/8" on either side uncovered. It was quite annoying. I ended up sending it back.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I never like any cases or protectors of any kind on my phones. I did use the qmadix originally and the idol4s took a tumble off our bed which is quite high from our tile at about 3 feet or so. However I'm beginning to think I did not apply mine thoroughly or completely by the book. I sometimes had fingerprints but they cleaned away somewhat easier however. The reason I think I applied less than adequate is not because of dropping it as we know that alone does damage. The drop was on a corner, but later I noticed that it had screen scratches on the front most likely from bumping and moving along the tile after the impact. So I may have had a weak area where less was applied. Great stuff though if having a glass back on a phone. I just can't get past the camera hump on this phone though.

I recently came to own two of these phones (Idol4s). I own a t-mobile branded one that I unlocked (used) and my original now replaced through an Alcatel RMA one (new). I decided to get two of the Incipio pure cases for the idol 4s for two reasons. I want my family to be able to use one or both of these phones. The cases are clear/neutral and are well made. Buttons work flawlessly. I have an issue with the camera button accidentally launching while I'm unlocked though and that is disappointing even though I read up on that happening and expected it. I went so far as uninstalling/removing the camera completely on the T-mobile one so that my 5 year old could use it for videos and I did not have to worry about random photo taking. But the case from my perspective is sound enough that I do trust it outside or around the home while my five year old uses it.

I personally would rather use the qmadix only, but I'm so nit picky about the camera hump that I compromised on the incipio case on the phone even while I'm using it for myself now.

TunedM52

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Well I was going to post this on RumoredNow's review thread, but this thread is more recent.

View album below.
Fail "Glass" Screen Protector - Album on Imgur

So I'm gonna have to call BS on the Qmadix and all other "liquid screen protectors."
They do not protect the screen whatsoever. It simply behaving like a factory iPhone oleo-phobic coating, but worse.

Bought two of the QMadix, one for my W10M Alcatel, and one for my Android Alcatel. Both new at the time. Bought a few knockoff brands for my other phones and surface and macbook.

For all of them, within a month, the android developed severe scratches on the lower rear glass and didn't resist fingerprints or oils/etc. anymore. Simply by sliding it across the table, as I never use that phone. I just really, really dislike android as an OS.

Now with my W10 Idol 4S. The coating wore off within a month as well. Back to how it used to be, if not worse than before. And to note, the Lumia 950 was always my main phone, never used the Alcatel as what I feared happened, happened. Shattered the glass back of the phone. Still works fine, but ugh, ruined. On top of the camera issues, SD issues, no NFC, Qi, I've given up on the Alcatel. Probably gonna head to the MS store to pick up the X3 bundle, which is like half price... And you can get it on ebay new for ~$400. What a deal!!

So, in my experience, GET A REAL GLASS SCREEN PROTECTOR! Either that or rock your phone case-less/naked. Only a screen protector. Use the phone as it was designed. Gone through probably 5 of them with my Lumia 950. Saved the screen each and every single time.

This is a waste of money, which I'm still trying to get back from Qmadix even though I registered/everything. I'm very disappointed. Now I have to go pay Alcatel or some 3rd party repair shop to replace the back. Would not have happened with a glass protector. It fell off my bed cause the USB cable disconnected. Onto hardwood. That is it.

While the 950 has survived falling off a moving car, constantly being dropped as I'm obviously not careful lol, and 2 years of wear and tear. Replace the $2 screen protector, get a new Mozo case, brand new phone.

Again, this is my experience. I applied it properly. But it just wore off so quickly. These two were never my main phones and never left the house. So I'm straight up calling BS on any real screen protection w/qmadix or any knockoff, only upside is the oleo-phobic coating.

Attached are pics I just took. Alcatel pics with my 950, and the 950 pic was taken with a 930.

/beginrant
Ugh I have to do this, so skip it if you don't want to hear my ramblings.

It's a trap!! Sorry, I'm just very upset right now. I trusted this product. And it completely let me down, in such a light use case. Qmadix are not responding to me. I'm not sure how much alcatel wants to simply replace the back, if anything like apple, $130 for a new screen, at least that's how much I paid to replace my iPhone 6 screen.

Incipio case for now.. but thank god I have my 950. I love this phone so much. If only it had the 810 chip. The 950XL is still in its box. Freaking huge. And I have relatively large hands. I, along with Steve Jobs, agree on the fact that a phone is a one-handed device.

Just holding the 930 and my 925 feels so right, as well as my iPhone 5s. Need a bigger screen? That's why I own a SP4 i7, soon to be SB i7 performance base. I just dislike the desire and demand for such large screens on cell phones, freaking phablets. Like, has anyone held the iPhone 6+/6s+/7+? Idiotic IMO, why, just get an iPad/Surface/tablet. Or the LG V20. WTF. Jesus christ dude. I understand the viewpoint. My girlfriend has a 6+ and I hate using it. My iP6 took so long to get used to. 5S was the perfect size, IMO. I'd rather be using a real tablet...
/endrant lol.

TL;DR: This is snake oil. Buy a 3 pack of glass protectors off amazon for $5 and you'll actually have peace of mind.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Did you register for the warranty?

I'm still loving the stuff and have had no scratches or other (more severe) issues...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs