SD Card Security

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
If I have data in my SD card, and if I activate the "ring, lock and delete" in case of theft/loss, would I be able to delete data in my SD card as well?

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
No that's not secure. Sensitive documents should not be stored on SD card.

Even if the Phone have the capability to "ring, lock and delete" the SD card, the thief can take out the card right away, long before you reach to act.

The thief can take out your SD card and copy all your documents. The Phone can't lock or delete a SD card that is taken out of the phone, anyways.

Last edited:

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Sam. Well noted. I guessed it too and reckon that's why fruit phone is insistent on internal storage only. Looks like only music, maps and apps (?) are suitable for external storage only. I wouldn't even want to put photos there. LOL 😁

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
You are welcome. The safest place to store sensitive documents is under the App-folder, which is protected by Operative System and is totally inaccessible for viewing/copying on a computer. Apps with security focus tend to insist on using their own folder, or another folder protected by OS.

Even the Document, Music, Video -folder on the Phone is not a good place for sensitive documents, because thee are accessible with a computer. You can "ring, lock and delete" these, but it may be too late anyways.

I personally have all my photos on the SD card, but those are only my hobby shots, mostly nature and wildlife photos, nothing sensitive there. I have my videos, Audio and a few big Apps on the SD card too, but all of them are non-sensitive stuff.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs