Secondary Hard Drive issue

Imnice777

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
So a couple weeks ago I installed a 240gb SanDisk SSD in my desktop and set Windows to boot from that drive. I set my 1tb HDD as a secondary device and wiped Windows from it, just so I have most things boot from there. Now all of a sudden, my computer doesn't like my HDD anymore. The computer recognizes it in file explorer as well as the BIOS and Disk Management, however when I attempt to make the drive active, the option is grayed out. I attempted to make this drive active through CMD and got the response "The selected disk is not a fixed MBR disk. The ACTIVE command can only be used on fixed MBR disks. I'm not entirely sure why the computer stopped using this disk as primary, but if anyone can assist me on this issue, I would appreciate it.

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
It's hard to make sense of how you removed the original windows.
Did you just delete the windows folder, or partition the drive?

I think you just removed the windows OS, from your now secondary HDD, rather than format it.
AS this was your original boot drive, windows will have created 3 partitions alone for the OS on that drive, MAX is 5.

Get an external drive, copy over all appellations, files, music, videos etc, from the 1tb HDD
Re-format the 1tb HDD drive, copy back, sync programs etc.
Move the documents, download, music, and videos folders to the slower 1tb HDD.

This is a better way of using the way faster reads/writes of a SSD, OS (windows) + what ever software you think will load faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077