Securing Hotmail/Outlook account

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi.

I still have a Hotmail account I want to secure better. Right now all I have to do is enter my email address and then approve the login with the authenticator on my phone.

Well jeez.. talking about making it easy to break into my account! If someone knows the code of my phone, all they need to do is look at my iPhone info and they can see my email address. Then, simply enter the email address and approve it and BAM they're in!

At least Gmail asks for a password AND the authenticator code when logging onto an 'unknown' device. Or does it work the same way for Hotmail/Live/Outlook?

I prefer to always log in with my password initially. If I didn't have a password on my PC, they'd very easily be able to log into my Hotmail account, since 'stealing' a phone login code is very, very easy. People will just stand behind you, watch you tap your login and BAM it's game over. Sure, they'd still need to get a hold of my phone, but man, I just hate it that Hotmail switched it around.

You should always have to enter your password first, and an extra code from your phone as an extra.

I'm asking this specifically, because my Gmail has a Hotmail account as backup email address.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon