Setting up NHS email on Windows Phone

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey All,

I am trying to set up my work email on my Lumia 920 running WP8.1 DP. The email system runs on Outlook Web App, and here is a snapshot of the settings.

Screenshot (3).png

Due to the nature of the work I do, I do not get time to sit and check the email on the computer, so it would be nice to be able to receive it directly to the phone. Could someone please tell me how to set it up? I don't know what to put in the domain box / server box, and the username is different to the email address itself.

Much appreciated!

Thanks

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Most of the settings on that screenshot are not relevant as you should be able to just add it as an Exchange account and log in with your e-mail address and password. If for some reason it can't find the server, you can manually enter mail.gstt.nhs.uk and then put in the same username and password you use to log into Outlook Web Access.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Most of the settings on that screenshot are not relevant as you should be able to just add it as an Exchange account and log in with your e-mail address and password. If for some reason it can't find the server, you can manually enter mail.gstt.nhs.uk and then put in the same username and password you use to log into Outlook Web Access.

I tried that. But it still doesn't sync and comes up with an error.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I've attached the error that comes up below.
Also, the username that we use to log onto the outlook web app is not the @gstt.nhs.uk email address but instead the username used to log onto the computer. I've attached an image showing my current settings but it still doesn't work.

wp_ss_20140901_0001.jpgwp_ss_20140901_0002.jpg

csd_images

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Check your connectivity status:

https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

See if the ActiveSync policy is enabled. If it is you will need to liaise with your IT Dept/Exchange server team in regards to Inheritable Permissions, as this had to be done for my own account (different company) despite it being set up for AS.

Another issue that might arise if they are using a firewall/proxy which can block phone. Final point, if you're going to have company e-mail on your phone make sure you get it encrypted through policies.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
The trust doesn't allow ActiveSync / pop3 / IMAP etc. They force you to use the extremely cumbersome web app (cumbersome on a phone).

Thanks for all the help guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4