Should I buy my first Cameraphone (Lumia 920)

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I saw the thread of Lumia 920,and here it goes,flooded with "battery draining and camera yellow hue or tinting towards worse quality problem"...I saved up my hard earned money and it was very exhaustive,Just to buy this for the camera (and mind you i dont have money for 1520/1020/iphone5s blah blah,i am extremely poor)..and here i see some shocking problems,I don't want to ruin my money honestly,so tell me should i buy it just for the camera and normal internet use,or better to look somewhere else???

Edit: And yes I didn't see those "battery drain/camera" threads in android central forum,i mean not in "that" abundance,the usual problems are fine

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
actually the digital cameras are crap 1/2.3 sensor for a "single functioned" device,i am not gonna pay that fo sho...And micro four thirds are quite a bit expensive..

Fran_FLV

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I own a 920 and I'm really happy with it. The camera is awesome. Of course reflex cameras are better but this is one of the best cameras you can find in a phone. Another option could be Nexus5. Nice camera and nice price... But Android (after owing an Android I switched to WP and I think I'll stay with it for long time). I'd choose the 920 but the Nexus is a nice option.

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I own a 920 and I'm really happy with it. The camera is awesome. Of course reflex cameras are better but this is one of the best cameras you can find in a phone. Another option could be Nexus5. Nice camera and nice price... But Android (after owing an Android I switched to WP and I think I'll stay with it for long time). I'd choose the 920 but the Nexus is a nice option.

ahan,deal done...going for lumia 920 or a MFT camera + 520 :)

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
OP, the 920 is a great phone and has a pretty good camera, but if you dont want to go for the 1020 i would really suggest the 925 over the 920 if the camera is a big reason your buying the phone, although you might sacrifice internal storage it does have a much better camera than the 920, either way you really cant go wrong

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
getting the 925 is pretty senseless since it has half the storage, lacks wireless charging and even more expensive than the 920
Different phones for different people. He didn't mention anything about wireless charging, the 16GB is actually quite adequate (technically it's roughly 12.5GB free) for most users, and the price may be justified by the AMOLED screen (which not only saves battery, but also makes the Glance screen, and by extension, Double Tap-to wake, more viable.), the design, and the (slightly) better camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss