Signal Issues?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if it's of any help cyrus_the_great, but my Titan shows exactly the same signal strength as my Omnia 7 did.

Works great.

What kind of network are you on? hdma+?

If so, I don't suppose you could run Bandwidth and see what kind of numbers you're pulling?

anon(5329748)

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
my HTC Titan reception is pretty crappy. Friday night, I was in a low-signal area and had no bars, but my wife's Samsung Focus (1st gen) had 1-2 bars.

On my way home from work, I get into a 3-5 mile area where I can't talk on the phone now. I used to have this problem with my iPhone 3GS, and then AT&T did something and it got better, so much so, that I could usually keep a call going the whole trip home. Now, I don't even bother. My phone is in a rubberized-gel case, but the case doesn't affect the signal. Also, the phone doesn't have to be held to have the signal drops.

I also hear complaints of people I'm talking to not being able to hear me. I'm wondering if the noise-canceling on the mics is affecting the call quality.

Otherwise, I love the Titan.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed my signal sometimes goes down to 2bars. My old. Focus had way better signal but I have not experienced any connection drops or no signal. However I'm pretty sure the Titan just has poor reception in comparison to most phones.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

mr.sureshkumar

May 16, 2012
Visit site
HTC Titan poor signal reception

I unlocked HTC AT&T Titan phone and using in India. The service provider is BSNL. We don't have 4G, but 3G and Edge is available.

My old Nokia phone shows full signal, however the new HTC Titan phone displays between 1 and 3 bars, frequent call drops. The bars change every second, too much of fluctuation.

Even if there are 5 bars, the other person complains of voice break.

I don't know whether it is Windows 7.5 OS problem or HTC Titan phone problem. Anyway I lost nearly $300 :(

I thought new phone will be better, I started searching for a solution and I landed up in this forum. Just wanted to share with others.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a bad signal where I live so I've been turning the connection speed to Edge, even then I don't get as good a signal as with my old Touch Pro 2; disappointing really. Now they have the Titan II out I can't imagine any further (significant) updates happening for the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria