Silicone Cases

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone see any good ones out there? I know verizon has some, but their price is 20 bucks. Pretty steep imo. So far it seems there isn't too much out in the ecosystem.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the Verizon case but is was too smooth no grip to it at all. The 822 is very slippery naked so a case is a must IMO.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree that it's too slick.... Between that and that it is thinner than my Trophy, which I had put a case on to thicken it up to make it fit my hands better anyway, this just feels too thin, and I'm afraid I'm going to drop it.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
It will take a few weeks before we see some nicer cases out there so I might buy a cheap one off eBay until I find something better.

Scott Brooks

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My Verizon store had the Otterbox for the 822 and wanted $37 for it. I like a bulky phone but I'm not sure I want that plastic covering the screen.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the Otterbox on the Otterbox website, and was wondering about that... Can it be removed? Is it always there? Hinged? How does it work? I have no experience with that kind of case.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at the Otterbox on the Otterbox website, and was wondering about that... Can it be removed? Is it always there? Hinged? How does it work? I have no experience with that kind of case.
These shells have two parts. One is a silicone skin, then a shell. At least that's how they've worked before. They are somewhat easy to remove, but they are intended to stay on.

seabumb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Wanting a silicone case and not wanting to search around I bought Verizon's overpriced case for the 822. It actually fits very well, snug, snaps around the edges, and is easy to put on or take off. The Lumia 822's buttons are all easily accessed and not hindered by the case. Despite the price, I think this is was a good purchase because of how slippery the 822 is and because it does protect the phone and 'beef it up' a bit as other commenters wanted.

Brian Ney

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Will the wireless charging work with the case on? I have never used wireless charging before, so I don't know what kind of connection it needs to work.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the Otterbox for my 822 @ a local VZW today and paid full price for it. Which was ok since I got the phone for free at Best Buy 😁
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and the Otterbox is a work of art! The plastic screen cover is not removable, but is not a hindrance to the touch screen at all. It makes the 822 feel so much more secure in my hands. It also includes a very sturdy belt clip.

The only problem I've seen is the hardware camera button is not working for some reason, but that's not a deal breaker for me.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

seabumb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My 822 camera will not work at all - side button, tiles, apps screen -- the camera will simply not open. Are you having the same issue or is it just your side camera button not working? I went to the Verizon store today and one of their 822 phones has the exact same problem as mine so I am highly concerned.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My 822 camera will not work at all - side button, tiles, apps screen -- the camera will simply not open. Are you having the same issue or is it just your side camera button not working? I went to the Verizon store today and one of their 822 phones has the exact same problem as mine so I am highly concerned.

The only problem I have is since I put the Otterbox on my phone, the hardware button isn't working, but the Camera App works fine. The hardware button worked fine until I put the case on.

Dyskresiac

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I hate my Otterbox for the 822. Returning it already.

The buttons on the side of the 822 are not that large, so the monster buttons on the Otterbox case require a LOT of effort in order to actually activate the buttons. Without the Otterbox I'm having no problems.

In addition, since the screen protector is not affixed to the phone itself, it's easy to get air pockets and it's slightly tinted.

Phone is great, returning the Otterbox.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the hard plastic clear case today at a Verizon store. I went in to get a silicone one but was happy to see a clear one as I really like the look of the white phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Where did you get the Otterboxes? And did they have the grey/white one, or just the black? I don't want the black one, but I'd really like to look at it before I buy. I'm not wanting to spend that much money without seeing what I'm getting into first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb