silly question #2

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
so my mother has the habit of not turning off her phone screen and just letting her phone stay on (since its set to 5 minutes before turning off). she also has the habit of putting it in her pocket while screen is on, and almost every time, i have to fix everything, so it becomes a rather annoying issue (i have since set it to 30 seconds)

but one thing i cannot fix, is Cortana. i believe because her language settings changed when it happened (they were set on Mexico) and Cortana completely disappeared . i go to settings > applications and she is not there. i go to the actual app list and she is not there either. she like, completely disappeared, and i think it might have to do with the region changing to one that isnt U.S.

so everything is back to default language, but she is STILL not there... :straight:

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You may need to set Region/Country to United States and Language to English in order to get Cortana since it is not released in Mexico yet. Then, you may need to go to the Store and download Cortana as she is actually an app.

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
You may need to set Region/Country to United States and Language to English in order to get Cortana since it is not released in Mexico yet. Then, you may need to go to the Store and download Cortana as she is actually an app.

that's the thing. U.S. IS our native place of stay, it just so happened that everything changed to the Mexico region, so the language was changed. i've already changed everything back. and if she's just an app, then i[ll just download her if it fixes it.

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
also, it doesnt make any sense as to why she would disappear. i changed my region to Denmark to get a free game, then i switched it back. and she didnt disappear, using the L520.

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
i fixed it. apparently i didnt set the keyboard language correctly. U.S. was there, but it wasnt set to be the main one, and the U.K. was for me. so after setting it, restarted, and back to normal. :eek:rly:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa