Social media aggregate app
Weather app with lock screen updates
Bing news / good news aggregate app
YouTube that also plays audio in the background
OneNote / good note taking app
Data Sense type app
Storage Sense type app
A good navigation app like Here maps + drive

Can anyone advise me on which apps fulfil these roles on iOS, I can then maybe buy them on my sister or mums iPhone and see how they are before deciding on switch.

Thanks

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey I have an iPad 3 so apps are very much similar. Lets begin
1.you do have Facebook, Twitter,Instagaram( I will say all the social apps are available on app store ).
2.I use yahoo weather app/there is pre-installed apple's default weather app which is great and animations are amazing, but if you open notification centre from lock screen you will get weather details.
3.There are many news app ,cnn , flipboard ,etc.
4.Youtube app and most of the other third party YouTube apps supports background audio. Just switch to another app , open control centre and hit the play/pause button :)
5.Onenote is available to download for free from app store :smile:
6.Not sure but ios 7 includes data monitoring if you go into phone settings.
7.Phone settings/general/usage.
8. Apple maps are very much improved but you download google maps from app store. There are many more including waze , and some other 3rd party navigation apps which supports offline navigation. Sadly here maps app was discontinued but you can still use it in safari browser.
iOS 8 is around the corners (its in beta ) and they have added some great new features , to know more please read this great article on iMore iOS 8 — Everything you need to know!| iMore

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app that aggregates all my social feeds similar to how the People hub does on WP? I like all my social networks in one feed and not having to open several apps.

Thanks for the tip about the weather in the notification centre, and pulling down from the lock screen.

Good to hear the YouTube apps have background audio.

Happy about OneNote :)

If anyone knows of a social aggregate app that would be great, I will download it on my family's iPhone and see how it is.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app that aggregates all my social feeds similar to how the People hub does on WP? I like all my social networks in one feed and not having to open several apps.

Thanks for the tip about the weather in the notification centre, and pulling down from the lock screen.

Good to hear the YouTube apps have background audio.

Happy about OneNote :)

If anyone knows of a social aggregate app that would be great, I will download it on my family's iPhone and see how it is.

I haven't seen any app similar to people hub on iOS. But iOS 7 does sync Facebook profile images , personal information in contacts app.(you wont be able to get the same social experience on iOS. Download Facebook app for iPhone from app store and you are good to go, wana post something on your wall just call siri and say post to Facebook ) :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99