Skype issues after the update

Komasin

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I updated to Cyan 8.1 on Lumia 520 a week ago and been having issues with a lot of apps but Skype has been the worst.
I was asked to log in after the update but after I exit the app it automatically logs me out and I don't get any notifications.
Also when I log in my visibility is on Invisible and I can't even click Available, it's gray and doesn't even give me that option.

Notifications have been problem with a lot of apps, with Viber and Whatsapp showing later on, but Skype and Instagram don't even show on live tile if I have anything new.

pmartineau

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Skype was working well on my Lumia920 8.1 (no cyan)! My 920 died in a river...I now have a 635 wp8.1 update 1 + cyan.

When talking on the phone with Skype I can not press on any button on the screen. The screen turns black when I press on button. So I cannot "End Call", mute, display keyboard or speaker phone. The tool bar is also not responding. Back, windows and search button press make the screen go black.

I don't think Skype test the app on lumia 635...

Lumia 635 does not have a proximity sensor. Microsoft is using the screen to detect is the phone is touching your face to turn the screen off. It looks like Skype did not implement the feature correctly. A touch with the finger on the screen should not close the screen.

shame on Skype QA

Last edited:

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Skype has recently been having issues of logging out. A possible solution is changing the password of your Microsoft account/Skype
And about notifications.. Please check battery saver app, too many background programs might be running
Block the ones not needed

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem with skype since skype app update, I can't send "*" character. I type it, then send, but no * being sent. It's just like I didn't typed it.

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Skype was working well on my Lumia920 8.1 (no cyan)! My 920 died in a river...I now have a 635 wp8.1 update 1 + cyan.

When talking on the phone with Skype I can not press on any button on the screen. The screen turns black when I press on button. So I cannot "End Call", mute, display keyboard or speaker phone. The tool bar is also not responding. Back, windows and search button press make the screen go black.

I don't think Skype test the app on lumia 635...

Lumia 635 does not have a proximity sensor. Microsoft is using the screen to detect is the phone is touching your face to turn the screen off. It looks like Skype did not implement the feature correctly. A touch with the finger on the screen should not close the screen.

shame on Skype QA
Heh, I knew this would happen! Damn grinches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo