Question Slow Laptop - Windows 11 issue?

SarahL

Mar 17, 2023
Visit site
Hello all,

I need some advice/help so instead of faffing around on the internet, I thought I would come directly to the best place to get it.

I have a Dell Laptop and it's running Windows 11, not sure what version but most likely the most basic one. Recently there was an update to something, so I installed it and my laptop then starated running slowly and either not opening any apps or software or taking an absolute age to open them at all. So, last night, I reset the laptop completely and updated things again and reinstalled all my bits and it's still running slowly and either taking an age to open things or not open them at all.

Is there a problem with a recent update to Windows or something or is there another problem somewhere along the line? I am not a techie in a very detailed way but I can follow instructions fairly well and I know a bit about how to fix things so if anyone has any advice, I would appreciat it very much.

Thank you :)

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Simply uninstall the latest update after which you are facing this problem. To do this...
Open Windows Update in settings - Update History - Uninstall Updates.
here you find the latest updates. so simply uninstall to get rid of this problem.

Aes

Mar 16, 2023
Visit site
Simply uninstall the latest update after which you are facing this problem. To do this...
Open Windows Update in settings - Update History - Uninstall Updates.
here you find the latest updates. so simply uninstall to get rid of this problem.
Unfortunately Sarah reset her laptop so she won’t be able to do that :/

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Hello all,

I need some advice/help so instead of faffing around on the internet, I thought I would come directly to the best place to get it.

I have a Dell Laptop and it's running Windows 11, not sure what version but most likely the most basic one. Recently there was an update to something, so I installed it and my laptop then starated running slowly and either not opening any apps or software or taking an absolute age to open them at all. So, last night, I reset the laptop completely and updated things again and reinstalled all my bits and it's still running slowly and either taking an age to open things or not open them at all.

Is there a problem with a recent update to Windows or something or is there another problem somewhere along the line? I am not a techie in a very detailed way but I can follow instructions fairly well and I know a bit about how to fix things so if anyone has any advice, I would appreciat it very much.

Thank you :)
Share your Dell Laptop specs please...?

SarahL

Mar 17, 2023
Visit site
Untitleda.png

Hello again,

Thank you both for replying. This problem is still persisting. I have to actually right-click and 'run as administrator' to even have a chance of things opening and I never had to do that before and I know I haven't changed any settings to enable a feature like that. For example, I have a VPN and Photoshop installed and I have just had to do the right-click thing with both to even get them to open because when I just left-click, the swirly circle appears beside the cursor and then disappears or the Windows panel just 'flashes' a bit and then nothing opens. When I re-set everything and installed updates, I did do what interlocutor said and uninstalled that update but while things are opening a little faster, but only very little, it doesn't really seem to have solved things. It still feels as though something is glitching somewhere.

Again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to help me on this. I appreciate it very much.

Aes

Mar 16, 2023
Visit site
View attachment 143355

Hello again,

Thank you both for replying. This problem is still persisting. I have to actually right-click and 'run as administrator' to even have a chance of things opening and I never had to do that before and I know I haven't changed any settings to enable a feature like that. For example, I have a VPN and Photoshop installed and I have just had to do the right-click thing with both to even get them to open because when I just left-click, the swirly circle appears beside the cursor and then disappears or the Windows panel just 'flashes' a bit and then nothing opens. When I re-set everything and installed updates, I did do what interlocutor said and uninstalled that update but while things are opening a little faster, but only very little, it doesn't really seem to have solved things. It still feels as though something is glitching somewhere.

Again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to help me on this. I appreciate it very much.
I see. Can you check if the account you are logged into windows with is an admin account? I see others have posted about similar issues on the Microsoft forums. I’m linking one such threads which may help you With the admin issue.
Link:
Does the slowing down of windows occur all the time or only when you are opening up applications? If it is only with opening software’s, it is most likely an issue with the account privileges configuration.

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
View attachment 143355

Hello again,

Really strange because I am using this windows 11 version on one of my Core i3 system and its working normal but in your case unable to understand that why windows or your system behaving like this. As you said that drivers are updated. Why not try a clean install. Back up your data and try to Clean install Windows 11.

Aes

Mar 16, 2023
Visit site
This is a bug in the newest windows update. Just saw a bunch of similar complaints on reddit. Since you reset, the easiest solution would be to wait till patch Tuesday or whenever they decide to fix it. Other than that, if you can get your hand on an old installer, you could fresh install windows 11 to an older version.

Reactions: interlocutor1980

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99