Sms/Messaging Back up

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Its been some time since I asked this question even with the Nokia Chat (support)
so after some time has the option to back up all our SMSes / messages and being able have a copy that we can read (instead of just having it on the Microsoft server) like the previous Nokia phones where backing it up with Ovi suite (or something like that)
we would get it all not having to download the backup via data (not going to do that)
I and perhaps others just need something that would do the same as Ovi suite on the Lumias or even all the W.phones

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Err where am i supposed to transfer it to? i only want a back up (the reference of Ovi suite and older Nokia s is to compare the back up option)
Sorry if i confused you.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Err where am i supposed to transfer it to? i only want a back up (the reference of Ovi suite and older Nokia s is to compare the back up option)
Sorry if i confused you.
Open the transfer my data app. Click the ... Button at the bottom. Tap export to SD Card. Select messages, contacts. Tap next and the backup file gets stored to the SD Card in a ' backup' folder. Copy the file to your desktop(If you want to. Now you have a copy of your contacts in 3 places-your Microsoft account(If you lose your device, logon to a new Windows Phone/Windows 8 PC 💻 with the same account and your contacts are automatically restored from OneDrive. ), your SD card, and your computer 💻.

mayur007

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
@ Vaibhav......i had taken a backup bt if I want to transfer to normal phone nt the smartphone what I should do, because the extension of the file are completely different. U cant transfer it also

mayur007

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
@ Vaibhav.....normal basic phone of any company. I cant transfer that files via Bluetooth because of the file size are in MB for contact. Is there any procedure I can reduce it to KB.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Your contacts are automatically backed up to your outlook/hotmail account (not onedrive), or your google account, depending on where you choose to save them.

SMS can also be backed up, but you can't read the backup file. Its just to restore messages to your phone after resetting it.

mayur007

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
WP 8.0 has only option for backing up contacts, if u want sms and mms as well then u should have WP 8.1 and Nokia black update on your Lumia phone then only u can get contact, sms and mms backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077