So, my Lumia 820 isn't getting w10m?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 820 has some high end configuration, & MS thinks they can't make them optimized for w10m! I'm always a MS fan, but now i'm seriously disappointed. Is there any update in w10m supporting device list?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 820 has some high end configuration, & MS thinks they can't make them optimized for w10m! I'm always a MS fan, but now i'm seriously disappointed. Is there any update in w10m supporting device list?

I feel your pain.

For what it's worth when I had W10M on my L920 it was terrible. Apps crashing, very slow, not a very good experience. It was an earlier WP Insider build though, to be fair. I think you would have a similar, sub-par experience as well though as the 820 is almost 4 years old now. Most all of the ones on the upgrade list are less than 2 years old (Except the 1520 which is pretty powerful still today)

I believe you can get W10M by joining the WP Insider Ring program (go for stable build). You can check that out here. If you don't like it you can always go back to 8.1

https://insider.windows.com/

Good Luck

Last edited:

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Windows Central Question

I have an L820 and an L930. With W8.1 the speed difference was acceptable, and the L930 is no slower now it's on W10 than it was when on W8.1, so there's no reason to expect the L820 would run W10 any slower than it does W8. If the speed difference was acceptable before, it should be again. Some logic, in case that helps. Since MS aren't providing much.

I've not tried this as I don't want issues, and so I've gone with my 930 for W10 and use my 820 for W8.1. I will try it though, because ideally I'd want my 930 on W8.1 and keep the experimental stuff on my 820. Ruddy Microsoft...

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It's going on 4 years since that phone was released. They only guaranteed support for 36 months. Most androids never get updated. U can still get in the preview and grab the threshold updates for now but it's time to get a new phone

Sent from mTalk

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Sedp23
It's going on 4 years since that phone was released. They only guaranteed support for 36 months. Most androids never get updated. U can still get in the preview and grab the threshold updates for now but it's time to get a new phone

Sent from mTalk

You're not very convincing. I say never give up, never surrender! If it works, find a use for it. Land fill's boring.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
You're not very convincing. I say never give up, never surrender! If it works, find a use for it. Land fill's boring.

Stick with the original OS, 8,1. MS does not guarantee unlimited upgrades to newer OS's. You ever try running iOS 8 on a iphone 4S? Sure, it works but it makes the phone crap...Same here.

Pass on the W10M upgrade on your 820. W10M pretty much sucks anyway.

Rashed_Mamun

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I was on fast ring mode & tested many builds. Performance was hopeful. Thought, MS would give a bit touch of refinement. Everything was working fine, actually i liked w10m. Only problem was with WiFi hotspot. Gave feedback on this matter so many time. In return, 820 just been knocked out from the upgrade list. :D

Rashed_Mamun

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I never told MS to update my phone to 8.1 from 8, but they did. At first, MS showed hope about w10m in every wp 8.1. Now they are just giving up on older models. Actually i think, MS is giving up on Windows phone, though some of us loved it deeply. :(

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I never told MS to update my phone to 8.1 from 8, but they did. At first, MS showed hope about w10m in every wp 8.1. Now they are just giving up on older models. Actually i think, MS is giving up on Windows phone, though some of us loved it deeply. :(

No, Microsoft has the popular beta testing group called Windows Insiders, that you can join for free. From that group, honest feedback was given about the software they have been testing about how the software ran on their devices. When it all was collected, Microsoft noticed a trend going on, and that trend was that older phones weren't running that great on older devices, even after three months of delays for them to do nothing but optimizations.

After three months of everyone who wanted Windows 10 Mobile, and feedback sadly not getting better, Microsoft made the hard choice of neglecting some of the devices that negative feedback was received on.

It's pretty much the Insides doing their jobs that made Microsoft pull the plug, sadly.

Rashed_Mamun

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
So you want to make me understand that MS can't optimize w10m for L820? Well, That's funny! I was in insiders too, i know what MS can do! They just don't care about mobile platform. & that's the truth! See the review of the users of 950 & 950 XL, you'll see what MS's doing in mobile platform. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss