So Windows 10 isn't compatible with Surface Pro according to the Microsoft service centre

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The rep is grasping for an answer to give to you in the moment, that's not an official stance necessarily and you're reading into that a bit too much I would think.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The rep is grasping for an answer to give to you in the moment, that's not an official stance necessarily and you're reading into that a bit too much I would think.

I would agree. He was totally grasping for an answer. The point is, you don't take a customers money (I pay an annual service fee) then bullcrap them when you can't fix the problem.

Microsoft shouldn't be putting guys on the frontline who try to tell you that a months long glitch is actually only a few weeks old and happened because of the fall creators update THEN follow it up with...."well, your Surface probably isn't compatible with Windows..." Jesus, that's poor!

And here's the fun bit. The glitch is still there...across both my surface machines.

So yeah, Microsoft support sucks harder than their mobile strategy. Actually, I take that back. Nothing....absolutely nothing sucks harder than their awful mobile strategy

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I would agree. He was totally grasping for an answer. The point is, you don't take a customers money (I pay an annual service fee) then bullcrap them when you can't fix the problem.

Microsoft shouldn't be putting guys on the frontline who try to tell you that a months long glitch is actually only a few weeks old and happened because of the fall creators update THEN follow it up with...."well, your Surface probably isn't compatible with Windows..." Jesus, that's poor!

And here's the fun bit. The glitch is still there...across both my surface machines.

So yeah, Microsoft support sucks harder than their mobile strategy. Actually, I take that back. Nothing....absolutely nothing sucks harder than their awful mobile strategy
It's called support center roulette, you never know what you'll get. Do you have a local Microsoft store near you? I bet they will help you if you take the pro in.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's called support center roulette, you never know what you'll get. Do you have a local Microsoft store near you? I bet they will help you if you take the pro in.

Nope, UK based. Basically we not exist after we've bought the product.

Cortana hasn't worked on the taskbar for nearly 8 months on my sp3 & 4. Have tried several hard resets with no solution.

So now I have this guy in support saying it's probably because Cortana isn't compatible with my hardware.......no kidding. That's like saying halo isn't compatible with Xbox.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Nope, UK based. Basically we not exist after we've bought the product.

Cortana hasn't worked on the taskbar for nearly 8 months on my sp3 & 4. Have tried several hard resets with no solution.

So now I have this guy in support saying it's probably because Cortana isn't compatible with my hardware.......no kidding. That's like saying halo isn't compatible with Xbox.
That really sucks. Cortana over here in the US is working fine with Surface. Even sends me my SMS messages from my Android phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99