Solid State Drive Problem (Overload)

OKCarl

Feb 8, 2022
Visit site
My 3-year-old Windows 10 Pro Dell Desktop includes a 200 GB solid state drive and a full 1,000 GB old fashioned spinning drive. I'm running out of space on my solid-state drive. (Yes, TRIM is enabled). I think the problem rests with the fact I download a dozen odd manuscripts on science and math topics in the pdf format on a daily basis. Even though I delete these files, I think they are stuck in some way on my solid-state drive. Am I right? Can anyone tell me how to free up space on my solid-state drive?

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
If you deleted those files how they struck? On deleting if you found nothing abnormal in form of some message then those files are deleted. Check your drive thoroughly...

Trim is Enabled then I suggest you to check SSD manufacturer website for any type of method or date eraser suggested by them to clean up your SSD Drive.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hope it's not a dumb question but did you empty the Recycle Bin after deleting the files, because the space will be tied up until you do.

Have you done a disk cleanup on the drive? An option under General under properties. Microsoft has a bad habit of leaving huge amounts of probably unneeded stuff for weeks or even forever either intentionally or by mistake. Cleanup is a way to get rid of them if they are your problem.

Don't know a link off top of my head but there are freeware tools that will list folders in order of size. You may figure out where the space is going by looking closer at the content of the folders using the most space.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss