Some questions about basic system settings..

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm contemplating moving to WP8 on a Lumia 925. Just have a few little silly questions about system settings.
1. Are there any kind of notification lights for email, sms, etc? Even if it's just one for ALL messages?
2. Can ringtone volume, and notification volume be adjusted separately? Or do all sounds have the same volume. When you go up or down in volume, does the volume of the ENTIRE phone go up and down?
3. Can the phone be set to ring and vibrate together?
4. Are there different aspect ratio choices in the camera app? How about touch to focus?
5. I've heard you can switch to another country's app store to download apps. Is this true?

Thank you!!

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
1) HTC wp8 I think have notification lights
2)not at the moment but it has been begged for and Microsoft is pretty good about implementing requested features.
3&4) yes!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome, no notification lights just sounds, you can set different for each but not adjustable volume. Volume up and down is for the entire phone.
Phone can ring, vibrate or both.
It depends on the phone and app.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm contemplating moving to WP8 on a Lumia 925. Just have a few little silly questions about system settings.
1. Are there any kind of notification lights for email, sms, etc? Even if it's just one for ALL messages?

No. You get toasts and there's the lockscreen. Glance is coming with Black update which will allow you to see notifications in lock mode.

2. Can ringtone volume, and notification volume be adjusted separately? Or do all sounds have the same volume. When you go up or down in volume, does the volume of the
ENTIRE phone go up and down?

Only one volume.

3. Can the phone be set to ring and vibrate together?

Yes.

4. Are there different aspect ratio choices in the camera app? How about touch to focus?

Yes. The Nokia Camera app is very extensive, it's like using a DSLR.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
@2 the only difference in volume level occurs when you're in a phone call. Instead of the regular 1-30 levels, it changes to 1-10.

@3 I think it kind of depends on what you mean by together. On my HTC 8X, when vibrate and ring are both enabled, the phone will vibrate first and then ring thereafter. I haven't tried every ringtone but that's the behaviour for me.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, AFAIK, you can change your country to whichever country the app you want is in, download it, and then switch back.

I read that somewhere but it's strange because I can't seem to find anything that confirms it. And when you come back to YOUR country that app is still there? Can someone maybe try?

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
That doesnt look like what I'm talking about.

not sure what they mean by proxys, but to access another countrys app store all you need to do is go into settings, tap on language+region and change the phones region to the country you want to download app from, then after install go back and change the region back to your default region, also note, the app may not show an available update unless your phone is set to that region, hope that answers your question

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That doesnt look like what I'm talking about.

As others have stated you can just change your country region in settings and it will let you go to those stores. The reason I suggested the app is because it lets you download apps from other OEMs.

Not sure why you wanted other country apps.

Elih silva

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
hello the las november 4 line it has updated at 3.1 and i have line version 3.0 and i cant update it at 3.1 in my windows phone store,someome can help me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster