Someone has reimagined the 'cursed' Minecraft movie trailer as fully animated, and it's so much better

fatpunkslim

Feb 3, 2024
Visit site
I'm a very casual Minecraft player. Ok, it's a very nice demonstration of animation, I think that's what gets applauded in the end.

But Fans don't realize the constraints.

For example, when he hits with the hammer to make something appear, in the animation we don't understand what it is! The original trailer reference helps a lot to understand.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine that such an animated film would sell cinema tickets.

Cinema needs to convey emotions through faces, needs certain details that are difficult to transcribe with a pure Minecraft style,..

In any case, it was to be expected that such a monument as Minecraft would come under criticism from hardcore fans.

If they had made an animated film with exactly the Minecraft style, it would surely have pleased the big fans, but the children would not have joined (used to Pixar and Dreamworks films), the general public would not have joined (too austere for them), and even casual Minecraft players, I'm not sure they would have appreciated a work that wouldn't have been further than the original Minecraft.

I think the producers and directors tried to find a balance between pleasing the general public and pleasing the fans. Going too much in one direction (100% minecrat style) or too much in another (too mainstream) is not the right solution I think.

Maybe they failed to find the right balance. Personally I find that the decorations keep this Minecraft aspect well. On the other hand, on animals like the wolf, the sheep, etc... maybe they went a little too far and that it goes a little too far out of the Minecraft framework.

It's not an easy exercise in any case but I don't agree with the comments which say that we had to make a 100% Minecraft style animated film, it wouldn't have worked in my opinion!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanlelue