Special order only in VZW stores?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I've called several locations in my area and both of them said that the phone is special order only right now and not carried in stores. What's going on with that? I'm getting mine off-contract and Verizon has the best price by far (though it's not really all that low) but I can't buy it at an actual Verizon store? I have to go to Best Buy (where it is marked up $120) just to buy it today in a store??

The number of road blocks I've received in my efforts to buy get one of these phones has been legendary. All because I want it off-contract ...

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Its not special order "only" as a friend of mine got one in store just this past Saturday in the Portland area. Maybe not all stores carry it in stock though because Verizon "doesn't need wp7 or nokia" ;)

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I had to order mine on Monday. They didn't seem concerned, they just said they didn't have a big inventory of them. I can imagine when VZW gets more variety of WP handsets they will probably stock some more of them.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I had to order mine on Monday. They didn't seem concerned, they just said they didn't have a big inventory of them. I can imagine when VZW gets more variety of WP handsets they will probably stock some more of them.

Right. It's not like there are any other phones they have in big supply that only have one device available ...

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So couldn't you order one through Verizon and get it in a day or two (and save $100+). They have them at their distribution centers, but they don't want to deploy till then have a need.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So couldn't you order one through Verizon and get it in a day or two (and save $100+). They have them at their distribution centers, but they don't want to deploy till then have a need.

Yep, that's the way I did it. I ordered one through Verizon's website the day it was released and had it the next day.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

Had to get a new debit card and it's not here yet. Wanted to just walk in a store and buy it with cash, but I can't do that unless I go to Best Buy and pay MUCH more (which I'm not going to do).

rion_j

May 28, 2011
Visit site
i was in my verizon store the other day, and the rep told me they had plenty in stock and inventory in their warehouse. perhaps try a different store?

zreddog

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Same story in Austin

The 2 stores I called both told me special order.
I ordered off amazon over the weekend and UPS reports its sitting on my front porch right now....:)

crazie

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I ran into a similar issue. We have one Verizon store, one "Premium Retailer" and BestBuy. Neither of the stores carry the Trophy yet, and none could give me a date on when they may have them. From what I understand, Verizon just simply didn't send them to all the stores. Maybe they were testing the market for demand???

I ordered it through Verizon on line and got it the next day (Today). Verizon is much cheaper than anywhere else I looked online.

Furl

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Htc Trophy .01 plus free next day shipping and 4000 micrsoft points! - no joke!!!

The title pretty much speaks for itself. Go to the microsoft store and as long as you are upgrading your phone or getting a new contract the phone is only a penny with free next day fedex support and 4000 microsoft points!!! the link is

Windows Phone

When I saw this deal in the verizon wireless forums, I had to go into my local verizon store and speak to one of the salesmen. He could not believe that this offer was available. He said that if I had any issues with the phone that I could just bring it into their store and they would help me out. I just got my phone yesterday and ordered my 4000 points today. I was able to activate the phone and set up my e-mail without any difficulties. You also get a free Xbox game with this offer. (Buy an HTC Trophy from Verizon and get a FREE Xbox 360 game for your console ? up to $60 value. Choose from Halo: Reach, Kinect? Sports**, Lode Runner). This was a no brainer deal that I could not pass up.

hornu007

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The title pretty much speaks for itself. Go to the microsoft store and as long as you are upgrading your phone or getting a new contract the phone is only a penny with free next day fedex support and 4000 microsoft points!!! the link is

Windows Phone

When I saw this deal in the verizon wireless forums, I had to go into my local verizon store and speak to one of the salesmen. He could not believe that this offer was available. He said that if I had any issues with the phone that I could just bring it into their store and they would help me out. I just got my phone yesterday and ordered my 4000 points today. I was able to activate the phone and set up my e-mail without any difficulties. You also get a free Xbox game with this offer. (Buy an HTC Trophy from Verizon and get a FREE Xbox 360 game for your console ? up to $60 value. Choose from Halo: Reach, Kinect? Sports**, Lode Runner). This was a no brainer deal that I could not pass up.

Furl, did you already have one of the nationwide plans the microsoft site gives you the option to choose from? I currently have an alltel plan that was grandfathered in and I'm wondering if I could take this deal. We last renewed our contract one year ago. The primary line on my family plan is eligible for its last "Early Upgrade/New Every Two" (whichever it is) and I am afraid that if we try to upgrade it, we will be forced to change to a (more expensive) verizon family plan.

We might be forced to anyway when our two year contract is up but I don't know for certain. Last time we upgraded our phones/renewed contract, I by other customers that we couldn't keep our old plan but we were still able to when we went to the verizon store.

Anyone know the verdict on this?

Furl

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
On the Microsoft website, my nationwide plan popped up. I have the 700 minute plan per month through Verizon. I don't know if this was a coincidence or not. I would check with your provider.

hornu007

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Furl. That family plan was the option it gave me too. I'm thinking that I would have to change to a current verizon offering to take the microsoft deal. Its a moot point now since the penny deal at the microsoft store is over now.

YourMobileGuru

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I've called several locations in my area and both of them said that the phone is special order only right now and not carried in stores. What's going on with that? I'm getting mine off-contract and Verizon has the best price by far (though it's not really all that low) but I can't buy it at an actual Verizon store? I have to go to Best Buy (where it is marked up $120) just to buy it today in a store??

The number of road blocks I've received in my efforts to buy get one of these phones has been legendary. All because I want it off-contract ...

Did you tell them you were going to buy the thing full retail before they checked stock? There is a strong chance you were lied to as full retail purchases go against the reps commission (especially if you don't buy any accessorizes) and many reps will suggest you buy online and some will even lie to you :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler