Specific download path

anon5954042

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to specify a download location to have purchased music to automatically go to the SD Card like in Windows Phone or do I just copy and paste from the music folder?

API_Rock

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
if you are downloading from nokia music it goes directly into music folder in SD Card (if you have set path), if you download using UC browser or wptorrent then also it goes in Music folder in SD card (again if you have set the path), what else you need?

anon5954042

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I meant when you're downloading from Xbox Music it goes straight to the my music folder. What I want it to do is have the music download straight to the SD Card on my Surface RT rather than the regular music folder.

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to specify a download location to have purchased music to automatically go to the SD Card like in Windows Phone or do I just copy and paste from the music folder?

Hey doritos,

Yes, but it's a pain in the arse to set up. You need to create a junction point and we can confirm that these instructions work for us as well as the person who posted them.

Here's the link and let us know how you make out:

I Cracked the Code! Xbox music, SD Card, Locally stored Music - Microsoft Community

Now, we have heard rumours that 8.1 and the new updates to the core apps are to address and fix this issue, I guess we can only hope so.

Sent from our Surface RT

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler