Speed vs Space in SSD?

tayyabhasan

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
i have an empty NVMe M.2 Slot and i want to purchase SSD.

Now my best options are
1. Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB (max 3400 MB/s read)
2. Transcend PCIe M.2 SSD 512GB (max 1700 MBs read)

Transcend is $20 expensive than Samsung but i am wondering based on your experience should i opt for more space or should i opt for more speed, i already have 1TB HDD but i really want to know are the speeds really worth it? will a notice something?

I have Dell 7567.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Personally I'd go for speed :) Move my windows 10 to the SSD plus any programs that I use all of the time. Everything else goes on the HDD.

You'll definitely notice a speedboost, but it won't be a difference of 1 minute. The difference comes down to seconds in most cases. I'm around laptops a lot so I notice any speed increases

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'd go for speed :) Move my windows 10 to the SSD plus any programs that I use all of the time. Everything else goes on the HDD.

You'll definitely notice a speedboost, but it won't be a difference of 1 minute. The difference comes down to seconds in most cases. I'm around laptops a lot so I notice any speed increases
I agree.

I have a Dell laptop with both an SSD and a traditional HDD. I keep Windows files on the SSD and personal data on the HDD. This works out very well for me.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I would go for the one with the best speed too, chances are you would never fill the one with the most space anyway. So make use of the one that is the fastest and use it to boot Windows from and you'll notice a definite increase in boot up times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria