Split screen view in Windows 10 for phones?

Sean Lee1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I remember hearing earlier that devices with larger screens, like 5" and up, were supposed to receive an update which would allow split screen view. I can't remember if that was only a rumor or an actual feature that's "supposed" to come. Anyone know anything about that?

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard anything official about that, but I hope it's something they do bring though (would definitely have to be devices 5" and larger). It seems like something Windows Phone users have been asking for, and something that's very useful. Speaking of which, I wonder if they are going to change up multitasking at all on Windows 10 for phones. Just interesting as they never showed that in their little sneak peek.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't belief in it, the window will ,even with a 6 inch, to small to really be useful. Except if you see it as a gimmick than it is nice to show off.
And also with the current snapshots I really think it will not work.

Last edited:

Sean Lee1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can see it being useful, even on phones that have smaller screens. I guess it really depends on how you plan to use it, though.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I like the suggestion of split screen for windows 10 for mobile. But I don't see using this function much even if I had it on my lumia 1520 running windows phone 8.1. The screen real estate is too small, although it could be handy in some small instances where I want to copy/paste a link or piece of teskst bewteen two apps. But then it makes me think if the app is designed correctly if an end-user has to go through so much trouble to do this action. Food for thought.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
honestly i turned the feature off on my S4 when i had it if i used it 10 times i would be shocked
it does help in one or two instances like copy paste .... or comparing / reviewing sumthing but do we need it ???

it would be cool to have ans should be there since its the same windows code but i don't see a need for it

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I first wanted it, but now I kinda think it would suck.
Even on 6'' (I own a L1520). And they would have to put a lot of effort into it.
I don't think it's gonna happen, knowing MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99