Star Wars Jedi: Survivor review — A surprisingly personal adventure

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Question: I'm a Star Wars fan who was busy at the time and didn't get to play Fallen Order. Considering I may not have time to play both, is it worthwhile to play Fallen Order before Survivor, or just jump straight to Survivor?

Background: I just finished everything I can do in Cyberpunk 2077, so while waiting for Starfield and Cyberpunk's DLC, I'm currently dabbling in a few other games, but looking for another rich story (I like to turn the difficulty up to hard, but story and character development still matter more to me than anything else in a game). It sounds like Survivor is entirely playable w/o playing Fallen Order and love the personal story strengths credited in this review. With Starfield only a few months off, I may not have time to play both. My thinking is to just go straight to Survivor, but looking for feedback.

Samuel Tolbert

Staff member
Apr 14, 2023
Visit site
Question: I'm a Star Wars fan who was busy at the time and didn't get to play Fallen Order. Considering I may not have time to play both, is it worthwhile to play Fallen Order before Survivor, or just jump straight to Survivor?

Background: I just finished everything I can do in Cyberpunk 2077, so while waiting for Starfield and Cyberpunk's DLC, I'm currently dabbling in a few other games, but looking for another rich story (I like to turn the difficulty up to hard, but story and character development still matter more to me than anything else in a game). It sounds like Survivor is entirely playable w/o playing Fallen Order and love the personal story strengths credited in this review. With Starfield only a few months off, I may not have time to play both. My thinking is to just go straight to Survivor, but looking for feedback.
I would say jump to Survivor. There's a recap in the main menu that'll give you the highlights. Obviously, the ideal situation would be to play Fallen Order first, but you're not going to be confused about what is going on.
And thanks! Talking about story in reviews is often a challenge, so I'm glad the tone I was going for really came across.

Reactions: GraniteStateColin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital